Q. Will masturbation give rise to more acne?

Dr. Chaitra Prakash

I am having serious acne problem for almost eight years. My age is 22. I observed that when I masturbate, they occur. I will not do masturbation daily or excess. I will masturbate only twice a month. Another thing is that even though I do not do, acne comes sometimes. My face becoming disgusting. Recently, I used Momstar (Mometasone furoate 0.1%), and it gave good results. If I stop using the cream, again they are occurring. Please see the attached photos. Kindly suggest a good medicine for the removal of scars. Thank you.

• Acne is an infection of oil secreting glands of the skin. There is no relation to masturbation.
  • Creams like Mometasone are steroids, and they can aggravate acne. Moreover, they also cause serious side effects like facial hair, redness and fungal infection later.
  • Even though you feel there is an increase in acne after stopping that cream, you need to discontinue it. I suggest you apply Epiduo cream (Adapalene and Benzoyl peroxide) for acne spots twice daily (attachment removed to protect patient identity).
  • Alongside, you may also require oral medicines for acne. Kindly visit your dermatologist, discuss with him or her and take treatment with consent.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Please suggest some oral medicine by seeing the photos.

• I have suggested the medicine to apply. Oral drugs have to be prescribed after certain tests and evaluation by a dermatologist in person.

How to get my acne scars removed?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old female. My height is 158 cm and my weight is 50 kg. I have severe acne scars on my face, back, lower back and below the neck. I have pimples on my face. I am using Benzoyl peroxide for the same. I have attached my photos here. My problems also include hair fall, thinnin...  Read Full >>

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Benzoyl peroxide will not work on your acne as you are having grade 4 acne (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You need to start Isotretinoin immediately. Let me know your marital status, because you should not get pregnant while on Isotretinoin and at least...  Read Full

I underwent skin peeling treatment for acne but it was of no help. What to do?

Query: Hello Doctor, I am a 26 year old female (height-5'3'' & weight-57kg). I underwent skin peeling treatment for acne. And I am taking tablet Azee 500mg thrice a week. But, acne is still persistent. Kindly help me with this situation.  Read Full >>

Dr. Vasanthi Senthil

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Take tablet Ascazin 1---0---0 x 15 days. Wash your face thrice a day. Apply DERIVA-C gel over the acne lesions. Take hair wash thrice a week. Do not oil your hair.  Consult a dermatologist online after 15 days for further follow up --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-d...  Read Full

Will Masturbation cause Premature Ejaculation

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 32 year old unmarried male. I am suffering from premature ejaculation. I am masturbation from 13 years od age using sex toys. I am not lasting more than two minutes. I am taking antidepressants and doing squeeze technique. But, it does not help me. Kindly suggest medicine for prema...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. First of all, I would like to tell you that masturbation is not the reason for the problem of premature ejaculation you are having. Masturbation is a safe habit, and most of the men masturbate. Diabetes increases the risk of premat...  Read Full

Ask a Doctor Now