Q. Will masturbation give rise to more acne?

Dr. Chaitra Prakash
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 26, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 14, 2020

I am having serious acne problem for almost eight years. My age is 22. I observed that when I masturbate, they occur. I will not do masturbation daily or excess. I will masturbate only twice a month. Another thing is that even though I do not do, acne comes sometimes. My face becoming disgusting. Recently, I used Momstar (Mometasone furoate 0.1%), and it gave good results. If I stop using the cream, again they are occurring. Please see the attached photos. Kindly suggest a good medicine for the removal of scars. Thank you.

#

• Acne is an infection of oil secreting glands of the skin. There is no relation to masturbation.
  • Creams like Mometasone are steroids, and they can aggravate acne. Moreover, they also cause serious side effects like facial hair, redness and fungal infection later.
  • Even though you feel there is an increase in acne after stopping that cream, you need to discontinue it. I suggest you apply Epiduo cream (Adapalene and Benzoyl peroxide) for acne spots twice daily (attachment removed to protect patient identity).
  • Alongside, you may also require oral medicines for acne. Kindly visit your dermatologist, discuss with him or her and take treatment with consent.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Please suggest some oral medicine by seeing the photos.

#

• I have suggested the medicine to apply. Oral drugs have to be prescribed after certain tests and evaluation by a dermatologist in person.

|