Common "Activity Restriction" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Activity Restriction

Activity restriction is the voluntary restriction of physical activity limited to certain parts of the body affected or the whole body as a part of the therapy in muscle, spine, bone, and nerve conditions for pain alleviation and faster recovery. They are also advised in pregnant women. Some orthopedic and neurologic conditions can cause restricted activity and range of motion, in which regard it is a pathology.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

Should I be worried post the stabilization of a fracture at T12?

Query: Hi doctor,I just had posterior stabilization for a compressed fracture at T12. When can I resume normal activity? What about my sex life? Will this affect the rest of my life?  Read Full »

Dr. Sharoff Lokesh Mohan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I understand your concern. The probable diagnosis is post-T12 posterior stabilization. Resuming normal activity depends upon the exact surgery done, but usually, the patient can start walking the very next day of surgery. But make sure that you get up from the bed b...  Read Full »

There is bruising and pain in my hip.What is the remedy?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having pain and light bruising below my left hip since a week. It was not caused by banging/slamming into something. I was doing stomach crunches and then went for running. I felt discomfort initially while running, then got progressively worsened. Movement was matched with int...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to You have mentioned pain and bruising around your hip region since a week after physical exercise. What I can make out is that you have had a soft tissue injury which can be exactly pointed out with physical examination. I can tell you a general protocol for soft tissue...  Read Full »

My daughter does not respond when called. Could she be autistic?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is 25 months old and does not react to her name and does not play with toys appropriately. She only lines them up and does not want anyone to play with the toys. If you show her how to play with them, she takes them off someone’s hand and lines them up again. She does not...  Read Full »

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnui

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I read your query and can understand your concern. Yes, delayed language development, the likeness of sameness, lining toys, and not reacting to names could be early symptoms of autism. I need information about the following to assist further. Does she make eye contact...  Read Full »

What to do for severe pain and less mobility due to broken ribs?

Query: Hi doctor,My partner is in her early seventies and she has broken her rib for the last ten days. There is very limited mobility and severe pain in getting up.She has been taking the tablet Deplatt A 75 mg and the tablet Ivabrad 7.5 mg twice daily. She is also taking the tablet Thyronorm 75 mg, the t...  Read Full »

Dr. Sharoff Lokesh Mohan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have gone through the X-ray and blood reports (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity). She has a compression of the lower thoracic vertebra and also some rib injuries which are difficult to see on X-rays and have to be correlated clinically. The doctor's...  Read Full »

Is there a way to treat Osgood-Schlatter disease in both my knees?

Query: Hi doctor, I have Osgood-Schlatter in both knees and have had it for three years now. Should it be healed by now? Is there anything you can do to fix it by surgery? My knee is not stable and is giving way. I have been to more than 20 physio appointments for my knees to strengthen the muscles around ...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Osgood-Schlatter is a problem with the apophysis of the tibia where the patellar tendon attaches. It is a painful condition and is treated with local therapy and activity reduction till the patient stops growing. Usually, the pain settles down at that stage, but the bu...  Read Full »

From the MRI, kindly explain the severity of my low back pain.

Query: Hi doctor, I have low back pain, spasms, leg weakness, and neuropathy. I had an exacerbation five years before, and the current one is severe. I had MRI and blood tests. The reports are enclosed here.  Read Full »

Dr. Prathap

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Your problem is sciatica, but it has not yet progressed to a severe stage. At this stage, you need rest and the following treatment. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take treatment with consent. Tablet Aceclo SR (Aceclofenac) as needed, do not u...  Read Full »

Kindly give your suggestion about my knee pain.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 31-year-old. My body weight is 158 pounds and height is 5 feet and 8 inches. I have a pain just behind the knee for the last five months and I feel it while standing from sitting position. If I sit on legs, then I feel stiffness in the back of the knee. Also, I cannot stand properl...  Read Full »

Dr. Das Biswajit

Answer: Hi, Welcome to As per your history the problem has been long standing for around five months or more. I advise you to visit a nearest physiotherapist to start and continue knee physiotherapy. Abstain from sporting activity for a few weeks. If after around four to six weeks your sympt...  Read Full »

Can you carry on exercising with knee pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24-year-old female. My height is 5 feet and 5 inches and my weight is 128 pounds. I am a cyclist and, to a lesser extent, a runner. For the past week, I have been getting pain in the back of my left knee. It hurts when I walk and do not just do sport. It is the movement of pushing...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to From your description, it appears that you may have anterior knee pain which sometimes presents as pain at the back of the knee. The second possibility is that you have overdone your exercise and hamstrings are sore and the lower end of the kneecap is inflamed. E...  Read Full »

Please suggest treatment for my arm that got trapped in a door.

Query: Hi doctor,I got my arm trapped between a metal pole and an electrically controlled door. The blood flow was cut off for around 30 seconds to a minute. My arm is quite painful and swollen. It has some blood spots and my wrist hurts when I bend my hand and fingers. Do I need to see a doctor? Is it spr...  Read Full »

Dr. Srikanth. N

Answer: Hi,Welcome to blood spots over the skin is a sign of a hematoma (blood collection), which could be the cause of soft tissue injury in that area. You need to see a doctor if you observe any of the following. Watch for the color of your arm and the injured area. If it is turning blu...  Read Full »

My daughter has osteochondral defect in left ankle. What are the precautions to be taken?

Query: Hi doctor, My seven-year-old daughter has developed some pain and tenderness in the left ankle before twenty days back. She avoided doing weight-bearing on that side due to pain. She does not have a history of trauma and significant medical history. She has mild eczema and it has improved over a pe...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have gone through your daughter's MRI report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is an osteochondral defect in the medial talar dome. These are uncommon lesions seen on MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) due to ankle sprain. This is an early lesion a...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.