Activity Restriction

Please suggest treatment for my arm that got trapped in a door.

Query: Hi doctor, I got my arm trapped between a metal pole and an electrically controlled door. The blood flow was cut off for around 30 seconds to a minute. My arm is quite painful and swollen. It has some blood spots and my wrist hurts when I bend my hand and fingers. Do I need to see a doctor? Is it sp...  Read Full »

Dr. Srikanth Nara

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Having blood spots over the skin is a sign of the hematoma (blood collection), which could be the cause of soft tissue injury in that area. You need to see a doctor if you observe any of the following. Watch for the color of your arm and the injured area. If it is turning...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for lower spine injury?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29 year old male. My height is 176 cm and weight is 77 kg. I have pain in my right buttock for the past seven days. I tried to push the bed with leg and this caused some injury in the lower spine. Please refer to MRI report that I have attached. My MRI opinion is as follows. MRI l...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to the report (attachment removed to protect patient identity), you are suffering from disc herniation at multiple levels with degenerative disease of spine with L4, L5 and S1 nerve compression due to injury and thus cause your pain. The loss of lumbar lordosis...  Read Full »

There is bruising and pain in my hip.What is the remedy?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having pain and light bruising below my left hip since a week. It was not caused by banging/slamming into something. I was doing stomach crunches and then went for running. I felt discomfort initially while running, then got progressively worsened. Movement was matched with int...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned pain and bruising around your hip region since a week after physical exercise. What I can make out is that you have had a soft tissue injury which can be exactly pointed out with physical examination. I can tell you a general protocol for soft tissue...  Read Full »

Kindly give your suggestion about my knee pain.

Query: Hi doctor, I am 31 years old. My body weight is 72 kg and height is 5'8". I have a pain just behind the knee for the last five months and I feel it while standing from sitting position. If I sit on legs, then I feel stiffness in the back of the knee. Also, I cannot stand properly for more than a few...  Read Full »

Dr. Biswajit Das

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your history the problem has been long standing for around five months or more. I advise you to visit a nearest physiotherapist to start and continue knee physiotherapy. Abstain from sporting activity for a few weeks. If after around 4 to 6 weeks your symptoms do ...  Read Full »

From the MRI, kindly explain the severity of my low back pain.

Query: Hi doctor, I have low back pain, spasms, leg weakness, and neuropathy. I had an exacerbation five years before, and the current one is severe. I had MRI and blood tests. The reports are enclosed here.  Read Full »

Dr. Prathap

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.Your problem is sciatica, but it has not yet progressed to a severe stage.At this stage, you need rest and the following treatment. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take treatment with consent.Tablet Aceclo SR (Aceclofenac) as needed, do not use c...  Read Full »

Why am I having a longstanding problem with muscle twitches?

Query: Hello doctor,I have been experiencing muscle twitches for the past seven years. They can be located anywhere in my body and last a few minutes to a month on and off. I am an active person, going to the gym three to four days per week. My most recent bout has been on the side of my hard and seemed to...  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you said your active lifestyle could be one of the reason, simple dehydration can cause muscle twitching. I would recommend you to maintain good hydration and diet. Relax and stay calm. Have a check on coffee, alcohol, and smoking. If you are taking any supple...  Read Full »

Is there any surgery to fix Osgood-Schlatter disease?

Query: Hi doctor, I have Osgood-Schlatter in both knees and have had it for three years now. Should it be healed by now? Is there anything you can do to fix it by surgery? My knee is not stable and giving way. I have been to more than 20 physio appointments for my knees to strengthen the muscles around, bu...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Osgood-Schlatter is a problem of the apophysis of the tibia where the patellar tendon attaches. It is a painful condition and is treated with local therapy and activity reduction till the patient stops growing. Usually, the pain settles down at that stage, but the bump...  Read Full »

What will be the best treatment for pulled tendons in the knee?

Query: Hello doctor, I went to a doctor, who told me that I have pulled some tendons in my right knee. It hurts when bent and if I run or walk. What would be the best way forward with the healing process? Can I still use the exercise bike at the gym? I am currently using Voltarol gel to help ease the pai...  Read Full »

Dr. Saswati Nanda

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As the doctor said, it is a tendon pull, which means it is due to overstretching of the tendon. So, I suggest you follow the following steps: You have to give rest to that part to promote the healing process. Avoid weight-bearing exercises. You can use a knee support...  Read Full »

Is it fine to exercise with knee pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old female. My height is 5'5" and weight is 58 kg. I am a cyclist and, to a lesser extent, a runner. For the past one week, I have been getting pain in the back of my left knee. It hurts when I walk and not just doing sport. It is the movement of pushing off from the groun...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description, it appears that you may have anterior knee pain which sometimes presents as pain at the back of the knee. The second possibility is that you have over done your exercise and hamstrings are sore and the lower end of the knee cap is inflamed. Eith...  Read Full »

Please suggest a way to cure my elbow and shoulder pain.

Query: Hi doctor, I have had pain in my right elbow and shoulder for a couple of weeks. I lift heavy weights and workout every day. I am doing this for many years, so this is nothing new. But, it is agony now to hold the bar in squats. If I am lying on the floor with the elbow at 90 degrees, I cannot put t...  Read Full »

Dr. Thomas Jefferson

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am glad to respond to your query.  Read Full »