Q. From the MRI, kindly explain the severity of my low back pain.

Dr. Prathap
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 10, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I have low back pain, spasms, leg weakness, and neuropathy. I had an exacerbation five years before, and the current one is severe. I had MRI and blood tests. The reports are enclosed here.

Dr. Prathap

#

• Your problem is sciatica, but it has not yet progressed to a severe stage.
  • At this stage, you need rest and the following treatment. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take treatment with consent.
  1. Tablet Aceclo SR (Aceclofenac) as needed, do not use continuously.
  2. Tablet Mecalfa PG (multivitamin) daily in the night.
  • When the acute pain is subsided, please consult a physiotherapist for back strengthening exercises.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

I feel lethargic and sleepy after lunch. Will taking multivitamins help?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 33 year old software professional. I have a lot of work pressure and also loads of stress and tension in my personal life. I sleep around seven to eight hours a day and stick to a very healthy and disciplined lifestyle with respect to timely food habits and taking a balanced die...  Read Full »

I have low back pain and frequent urination after sex. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 40 years old and have suffered from bouts of prostatitis a few times. I have not had an intimate life for many years. Now, I am having an intimate life with one person, who is clean as well as I am. After vigorous sex, I am having frequent urination, especially at night. I was wonder...  Read Full »

When can physiotherapy be started after bilateral hip replacement surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, I had bilateral hip replacement surgery done recently. The right hip was replaced last month, and the left hip was replaced this month. Is it advisable to do physiotherapy now?  Read Full »