Q. Is leukemia hereditary in nature?

Dr. Mubashir Razzaq Khan

I want to know about a rare disease with a high white blood cell count. My partner's father was 25 years old when he was diagnosed with this disease. Unfortunately, he succumbed to it after fighting for ten years. I want to know what are the chances of my partner catching it?

#

It is difficult to describe a condition without any clinical history. However, it seems the patient had acute leukemia. This nowadays is not a life-threatening disease in most cases. But it was a serious ailment a decade ago. Moreover, it is not an inherited disease. This is caused by mutations acquired in life, nor is it a contiguous or communicable disease and does not spread from one person to others.

|