Q. Could fatigue and disturbed sleep occur due to blood cancer?

Dr. Prakash H. Muddegowda
This is a premium question & answer published on May 27, 2016 and last reviewed on: Dec 24, 2021

Why do I have extreme fatigue, pain, and tiredness? I could not sleep the whole night peacefully because of the pain in my body. I have attached my blood work. Do I have any blood cancer like lymphoma or non-Hodgkin lymphoma?

#

Based on your query and attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), my opinion is as follows:

Your report is perfectly normal, and there is no sign of any autoimmune disease or cancer, including lymphomas. As the symptoms are non-specific, we need to look at causes like abnormal diet, dehydration, stress, and irregular sleep pattern. If the diet is balanced, regular, and there is no gastritis, then need to improve hydration (six to eight liters of water per day). Sleep is already disturbed, which could impact further recovery. Try to take at least eight to nine hours of sleep every day and avoid sleep during day time. Also, try mild exercises. If you are into heavy workouts, you will need to tone down a bit until your recover. At present, the only test necessary is a thyroid test. If it is normal, then stress reduction is essential. If there are any specific symptoms, do get back. Get the thyroid test done along with the correction of other factors.

Revert with the report.

|