Q. Could fatigue and disturbed sleep occur due to blood cancer?

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda
Published on May 27, 2016

Why do I feel extreme fatigue, pain and tiredness? I cannot sleep the whole night peacefully, because of the pain in my body. I have attached my blood work. Do I have any blood cancer like lymphoma or non-Hodgkin lymphoma?

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda

Geriatrics Hematology Pathology
#

Based on your query and attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), my opinion is as follows:

• Your report is perfectly normal and there is no sign of any autoimmune disease or any cancer including lymphomas in the reports.
  • As the symptoms are non-specific, we need to look at causes like abnormal diet, dehydration, stress and irregular sleep pattern.
  • If diet is balanced, regular, and there is no gastritis, then need to improve hydration (6-8 liters of water per day).
  • Sleep is already disturbed, which could impact further recovery. Try to take at least 8-9 hours of sleep every day and avoid sleep during day time.
  • Also try mild exercises. If you are into heavy exercises, you will need to tone down a bit, until your recover.
  • At present, only test necessary is thyroid test. If it is normal, then stress reduction is important.
  • If there are any specific symptoms, do get back. Get the thyroid test done along with correction of other factors.

Revert back with the report to a hematologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/hematologist

Can thyroid problem cause excessive hair fall?

Query: Hi doctor, I have thyroid issues for the past three years. I got this when I was pregnant. I am taking Thyronorm 75 mcg tablet for the last three months. Recently, I have done the thyroid test and my T3 and T4 are normal and TSH is very low. It shows less than 0.01. What does it indicate? First, I w...  Read Full »

Does thyroid problem delay pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 27 year old unmarried female. Before six months, I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I have been taking Thyronorm 100 mcg. Recently, I had TSH test and the level was 0.47 U/mL, which is considered as hyperthyroid. When my doctor asked me the previous dosage, by mistake I told her...  Read Full »

Penis enlargement exercises led to swollen veins on my shaft. Please guide me.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a healthy 33 year old male. I have sex regularly and masturbate regularly. Over the years, I dabbled in penis enlargement exercises. I quit doing them a while back because I felt it was causing a damage to the penis. Recently, I used a cock ring, but for not more than ten minute...  Read Full »

Ask a Hematologist Now