Q. While learning sports, I stress myself. Why?

Dr. Padmapriya Chandran
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 03, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jul 31, 2020

I have ADHD and I am currently on Vyvanse. I am a football player. I perform badly when I am under pressure. When I get a simple instruction, I feel like it as so tough. But, when I am practicing or alone, I can enjoy myself and play well. Even though I enjoy football and love the sport, I treat it as a job and not a game. I think the problem is because I stress myself out about learning stuff in as much detail. Please help.

Dr. Padmapriya Chandran

Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor
#

• You seem to get frustrated very easily. You are also unable to handle disappointments.
  • Success and failure are two sides of the same coin. Take up a failure as a challenge and you will never get disappointed.
  • Also, when you are impulsive your thinking is disorganized and will tend to commit mistakes more often. Be patient while handling tough situations.
  • I advise you to take Tab Oxetol XR 150 mg (Oxcarbazepine) twice daily to control your impulsivity.

For further information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

|