Q. Is there any treatment to control anger?

Dr. K V Anand

I always try to control my anger since my childhood days, but for three years, I usually lose my temper and day by day, my anger is increasing like anything. I tried all methods to control my anger, but it does not work. Is there any treatment to control anger?

Dr. K V Anand

Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Sexology
#

Anger is an emotion. When anger rises, our animal instinct tries to protect our-self resulting in aggressive behavior. Aggressive behavior happens only when anger goes out of control. Getting angry is fine. But you should make sure that it does not cross the boundary. In my opinion, instead of controlling anger after it is triggered, you should try not to get emotional at all. Understanding the circumstances and correct perception should help you never even start the emotion. Anger management therapy is the management of anger after it got triggered. That should be useless. I could suggest some cognitive behavior therapy method in this aspect.

|