Q. Why do I have pain in my left lower abdomen when I slouch?

I am 27 years old. I have a pain in my left lower abdomen region, above the waist and below the lung, for a long time now. I can feel this pain when I slouch, and this pain is like someone pinching my abdomen. When I sit straight, I do not feel this pain. But if my back is slightly tilted for a longer time, the pain starts. I have gone for an ultrasound, the reports of which I am attaching herewith, which shows a normal result. Kindly advise suitably.

#

I went through your post and the ultrasonogram report (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

There are three structures which can give pain in the left lower abdomen:

1. Urinary tract, kidney, and ureter.  Any pathology, especially in these organs, can give pain; however, as your ultrasonogram is normal, it generally rules out the pathology of these structures.
  2. Large intestine in the lower left abdomen can cause this kind of pain and may not be detected on ultrasonogram.
  3. An abdominal wall spasm (sudden involuntary muscular contraction) may cause such pain and it is important because it is associated with a change in body position. You need to go for a urine examination and afterwards, start Ofloxacin 200 mg twice daily for five days. I suggest you take an anthelminthic, preferably tablet Albendazole 400 mg single dose. In addition, a high-fiber diet containing fresh fruits and vegetables can be taken and abdominal muscle exercises can be done.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

What kind of urine examination do I need to go for? I mean to say what kind of test should I ask for in the pathology department. The tablet Albendazole, should it be taken for a single time?

#

• You will need to go for a simple routine urine examination.
  • Yes, a single tablet of Albendazole 400 mg has to be taken.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|