Q. Please explain my CT liver taken for liver abnormalities.

I have attached the files of my liver and wanted a doctor to review them. I am currently on Losartan 50 mg.

#

It is very difficult to comment on your liver status just based on an image (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

Have they not provided you a report of this scan? For what symptoms were these tests are conducted.

Revert with the asked details for better help.

I took this scan because after a liver function test showed high ALT (47). Doctor took an ultrasound and said I had a fatty liver. And I took a CT test to confirm if that was true or false. I wanted to know, is my liver fatty or not? My height is 180 cm and weigh about 73 kg. I am a non-smoker and heavy drinker for ten years (binge drink approximately 2-3 times or more a week).

#

It seems that you are suffering from alcoholic fatty liver disease. Since your body weight is appropriate to your height, so I believe obesity is not the cause. The report also suggests fatty changes in the liver. I would recommend you to stop alcohol consumption completely. Discuss with your doctor to prescribe you Ursodeoxycholic acid for six weeks.

| 

Fatty Liver - Types, Symptoms, Stages, and Treatment

Article Overview: The liver is the largest gland in the body. Its primary function is to process the food and drinks we consume. and filter out the harmful substances. In this article, read about the various grades of fatty changes that can take place in the liver and how they can be effectively managed. Read Article

Dr. Vasantha K S

What Does Fatty Liver Mean? The liver is the largest gland in the body. Its primary function is to process the food and drinks we consume and filter out the harmful substances. A certain amount of fat is normal if present in the liver. But due to various factors, excess fat can start accumulating i...  Read Article

What is the reason for my elevated liver enzymes and gamma GT?

Query: Hi doctor, My bloodwork has concerned me. I have elevated liver enzymes and high gamma GT. I also have seronegative RA, some joint pain and recently some nausea. I am currently on Vitamin D, Vitamin E, and Turmeric fish oil.  Read Full »

How can itching be effectively and safely controlled during pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 35 years old and is four months pregnant now. She is suffering from severe itching which is not responding to any medication. Her doctor advised to take Udiliv 150 and Cetirizine, but there is no relief. We changed the doctor, and this doc advised to take Udiplus 300, capsu...  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»