Q. How can itching be effectively and safely controlled during pregnancy?

Answered by Dr. Neha Singh Rathod and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Itching During Pregnancy or Obstetric Cholestasis? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My wife is 35 years old and is four months pregnant now. She is suffering from severe itching which is not responding to any medication. Her doctor advised to take Udiliv 150 and Cetirizine, but there is no relief. We changed the doctor, and this doc advised to take Udiplus 300, capsule Coetrie, and tablet Alivher. But, this also is not working. I suspect that it is a case of obstetric cholestasis. Kindly suggest an effective and safe remedy to control the itching. The laboratory tests performed were LFT, billirubin, and sonography.