Q. How to handle an alcoholic person?

Answered by Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia.

Do you have a question on Alcoholism or Suspiciousness? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

This is query is about my brother-in-law, who is 38 year old now. He got married before seven years and has a child aged 6 years. He is working in a reputed company. He drinks a lot. Over last few months, especially last fortnight onward he kept on threatening my sister that he will go away from home. This will be his last day in life and he will end his life. He is repeating the same thing since yesterday. He does not listen to anybody and keep on fighting for small issues repeatedly and also blames my sister for every small thing. He is not ready to go to any marriage counselor or doctor because of some trust issue. He is behaving very abnormally. I do not know how to handle him. Please suggest.