Eye Discharge

My wife and kid have yellowish eye discharge from the morning. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, Today morning, my kid 1.5 years old and wife's eyes got stuck with yellow discharge. The top of the eye become slightly red, and the eye seems heavy and tiny little bit. The eyes were cleaned with saline water, and the yellow deposit got cleared. How to avoid further yellow discharge and ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms are suggestive of viral conjunctivitis. The other symptoms of viral conjunctivitis include mild lid edema, foreign body sensation, watering, discharge and redness. You can prevent this by using two handkerchiefs (one for each eye), keeping eyes and hand...  Read Full »

How to treat swollen, itchy, and painful eyelid?

Query: Hi doctor,My left eyelid is swollen and itchy with pain. I have white discharge from my eyes. I have this issue for a week and it is not getting better.   Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pandya

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to the picture, (attachment removed to protect patient identity) you seem to have an infection. You need to take antibiotics to treat it. You can take tablet Amoxiclav 625 mg (Amoxicillin with Clavulanic acid) twice daily for five days. You can use topical ant...  Read Full »

Can I use the prescribed eye drops for a 3-month-old?

Query: Hi doctor, My 3 months old baby got an infection in his right eye. It became red and appears like a layer covered the eye. The tears keep coming from his right eye. He was prescribed to use Alcon Vigamox sterile 5 mL and Ciprofloxacin ophthalmic ointment. Is it fine to use for a 3 month old?  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your history, your child seems to have developed some kind of eye infection. The treatment that is being given is absolutely perfect. However, up to the age of 6 months, many children have eye discharge. Most eye discharges are non-infective and caused mainly d...  Read Full »

What could be the pimple that causes eye irritation and pain with discharge?

Query: Hello doctor, May I please consult on behalf of my senior citizen mother who has been suffering from eye irritation for the past four days. She tells me that last month, a pimple-like thing grew in the lower portion of her left eye. After about three days, a yellowish substance was expelled therefr...  Read Full »

Dr. Angeline Bonne Pati Regadio

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to your mother’s signs and symptoms, she may be suffering from hordeolum, it is an acute infection caused by bacteria. It can recur. It is more common in adults. It is usually self-limited and can improve in one or two weeks. Medical therapy for hor...  Read Full »

How to treat pus discharge from eyes in a 2-year-old?

Query: Hello doctor, My 2-year-old baby has pus (photos attached) coming out from her eyes since morning. After cleaning the discharge, it comes back again in 30 to 40 minutes. She has no fever, and is playing and feeding well, except the irritation she is feeling in her eyes due to pus and rubs eyes occa...  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. She has got an infection in her eyes, (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and she needs antibiotic eye drops. Start Tobrex (Tobramycin) eye drops, one drop four times a day after cleaning her eyes. Please wash your hands after touching and cleaning her e...  Read Full »

Is the blood clot in sclera due to an infection?

Query: Hello doctor, I have got blood clotting since the past two days in my right eye, in the part of the sclera. I have no idea whether it is an infection or not. I am currently using Moxicip eye drop to see whether I get any relief. I have used other home remedies like washing my eyes with cold water. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Skandha Harshita

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. By going through your query, I understand that you are suffering from a subconjunctival hemorrhage. It is a self-limiting condition although cosmetically disfiguring, it causes no pain or any watering. I advise tablet Limcee (Vitamin C) to help in faster recovery and co...  Read Full »

Why am I having itching and white discharge from eye?

Query: Hello doctor, I have an eye problem, eye itching, irritating eye, white thread discharge, and facing these problems for the past one year.  Read Full »

Dr. Skandha Harshita

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your symptoms, I could understand that you are suffering from allergic conjunctivitis. It is a common problem in people with allergies of nose and lungs. I would prescribe Olopatadine eye drops, one drop four times a day. Artificial eye drops one drop four times ...  Read Full »

Why do my eyes hurt after staring at a computer for 30 minutes?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a programmer, and I use the computer for 12 hours every day. My eyes start hurting after 30 minutes of staring at the computer. I do not have any vision issues, apart from the pain that I feel.  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Prolonged working on laptop, TV, mobile, or even studying, can cause computer vision syndrome. Computer vision syndrome is a condition resulting from focusing the eyes on a computer or other display device for uninterrupted periods of time. Some symptoms of CVS include...  Read Full »

What is causing eye itchiness and blurry vision?

Query: Hello doctor, I think I have a problem with my cornea. I had itchy eyes (due to hay fever) last week. During that time, I had a gritty feeling in my right eye which made me rub my eyes. It got really sore and small thread-like materials are coming out of my eye. I am scared if it is part of my corn...  Read Full »

Dr. Dada Peer K

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Evaluation of your history indicates that you are having allergic conjunctivitis with probable involvement of cornea resulting in keratoconjunctivitis. The thread-like material coming out of the eyes indicate ropy discharge which is typically seen in allergic conjunc...  Read Full »

Why do my eyes twitch after looking at a computer screen for more than 15 minutes?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 66 year old male, who has a normal eyesight. Last week while I was watching a film on my laptop, suddenly both my eyelids started twitching (fluttering). After that, whenever I look at a computer for more than 15 minutes, the burning sensation starts. The same is true while I read...  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.Twitching of the eyelids can happen due to the following reasons:Fatigue following excessive usage.Spontaneous nerve discharge (very common and benign).Irritation of nerves due to vascular pathology and mass effect.Hemifacial spasm.Apart from Refresh tears, you can use a...  Read Full »