Q. Will getting blood test for allergy help me receive the right treatment?

Dr. Shyam Kalyan. N

So, I have hives, also known as chronic urticaria. Basically, I break out when the climate I am in is hot, or when I exercise. I visited my family doctor and he told me to get a blood test and he also gave me a Cetirizine (Zyrtec) prescription which is 20 mg. I have been taking this medication for about four days now, and I still get these itchy hives. If I were to get a blood test, will the doctor be able to prescribe the right medication, so I can get rid of these annoying hives?

#

The blood test should determine what allergen is causing the problems in you. Sometimes it can be a combination of allergens. Once we know that we help you avoid the same and prevent the sensitivity reactions.

Allergies and hypersensitivities are not cured by medicines. Allergen avoidance plays the major role. Additionally, we can give you immunotherapy if the problem does not resolve.

For more information consult an allergy specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/allergy-specialist

|