Q. What can be done to relieve blocked nose at night?

Answered by Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Allergy or Nasal Congestion? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am a 73-year-old male. Due to nostril blockages at night, my sleep is limited to around two hours at a time. I then turn over and the other nostril blocks and get around two hours of sleep. I use an inhaler which works for a short while. Please advise what I can do. I usually get around four and half hours of broken sleep a night.