iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersDermatologysunburnI got some white patch with rashes. Please help.

What causes white patches with rashes on the skin?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Answered by

Dr. Chaitra. P

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At April 3, 2016
Reviewed AtApril 23, 2024

Patient's Query

Hi doctor,

I got some white patch with rashes. I feel it sometime itchy. It is the same for last two weeks neither increasing nor decreasing. Applied face cream and cow ghee. I have attached the photos for your reference.

Answered by Dr. Chaitra. P


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I have gone through the information provided.

It most likely appears to be sunburn as seen in the photograph (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You could apply DesOwen (Desonide) mild potent steroid cream twice a day for five days. Along with this, also use SPF 50+ (sun protection factor) sunscreen regularly. It is likely to respond the above treatment. In case it persists, it may require an escalation to more potent cream or differential diagnosis has to be considered and treated accordingly.

The Probable causes

1. Sun exposure. 2. Friction. 3. Sweat.

Differential diagnosis

1. Sunburn.

2. Eczema.

3. Fungal infection.

Probable diagnosis


Preventive measures

Sun protection.

Regarding follow up

For further information consult a dermatologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Chaitra. P
Dr. Chaitra. P


Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Read answers about:

sun exposuredesonidesunburn

Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy