Alprazolam

If Xanax is withdrawn, will it lead to anxiety symptoms?

Query: Hello doctor, My brother who is 25 years old has been suffering from anxiety for the past four years. His doctor put him on Effexor and Elavil. Both the medicine has to be taken daily in addition to Xanax. Lately, the anxiety has developed into full blown panic attacks, two of which resulted in a ...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Udey

Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concerns. From your description, it seems that your brother might have become dependent on Xanax (Alprazolam). Xanax belongs to Benzodiazepine group of drugs and is quite notorious for causing dependence if used for a longer period. Hence...  Read Full »

I have been diagnosed with dysthymia depression. Kindly prescribe the medications.

Query: Hello doctor, I love myself and think I am a great guy, but feel no one else sees that. I have feelings of pending failure, feelings of inadequacy, fear of rejection, fear of police, fear of persecution, lots of mental ambition but no energy to actually do anything because I am convinced I would fa...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you are on right medication. Bupropion is a good antidepressant and very safe although it can cause insomnia, anxiety and dizziness as side effects in few patients but it would decrease on its own. Sertaline is an SSRI drug. As an antidepressant, Sertraline is so ...  Read Full »

Will taking Xanax regularly for longer period cause withdrawal effect?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 51 years old female and suffering from anxiety for decades. Recently it became debilitating, and I ended up in the ER and had an EKG because of heart palpitations. My doctor prescribed me 10 mg of Escitalopram and 1.5 mg of Xanax. The Xanax was supposed to be taken as needed, bu...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Escitalopram is an effective medication for managing anxiety disorder. The usual dose is between 10 to 20 mg daily. You are currently on 15 mg. Side effects can occur commonly in the first two weeks of starting the medication or increasing the dose, and then it tends t...  Read Full »

Can Xanax be used for ADHD?

Query: Hi doctor, My son, who is 26 years old, now has been diagnosed with ADHD when he was 5 years old. He went to various psychiatrist to make sure that he is actually ADHD. Six doctors confirmed that he has ADHD and two doctors said he has bipolar disorder. He says that he was given Xanax as a treatment...  Read Full »

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia

General Practitioner, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder also called as ADHD is a problem with hyperactivity and decrease attention. Bipolar disorder is the disorder in which increase talk, tall claims, decrease need for sleep and high energy are the most common symptoms. Xanax (Alpr...  Read Full »

Is it safe to drop down Mirtazapine and Xanor at the same time?

Query: Hello doctor, I was taking 30 mg Mirtazapine for 10 weeks before being told by the doctor to take 45 mg three weeks ago. I have now been told to drop it back to 30 mg a day. I also have been taking Xanor 0.25 mg for past six months. For the first two weeks, I took two tablets a day then was told to...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If he is asking to reduce the doses, then no need to get worried. Mirtazapine has different actions and is a different drug than Xanor (Alprazolam). No need to get worried about that. Even Mirtazapine is a unique drug which has great effects on sleep at 15 to 30 mg d...  Read Full »

I am stressed and lack energy. Please suggest some nerve soother.

Query: Hello doctor, Please suggest a harmless over-the-counter nerve soother. I am stressed, and I cannot destress. I am healthy, but I lack energy and get very irritated. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. (col) Rakesh Karanwal

Cardiologist, Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Neurologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is no safe drug nor OTC (over-the-counter) for your problem. I suggest you try Alprax 0.5 mg (Alprazolam), twice daily for two weeks. After that, increase the frequency to thrice daily. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine wi...  Read Full »

How to reduce the dosage of Xanax gradually?

Query: Hello doctor, I am taking tablet Alprazolam 5mg (three tablets, a total of 1.5mg) at bedtime. I do not take any Alprazolam or any other benzodiazepines during the day. Also, I started taking Alprazolam about 6-8 months ago. Originally this was for a short period of insomnia due to a life situation w...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for your detailed query which is self explanatory about the problem. It was lengthy but it contained only relevant thoughts necessary to express your deep rooted concern. First of all feeling nervous or anxious is common term and if you do not know what it mean...  Read Full »

Please help with Alprazolam addiction.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 34 year old male. My weight is 68 kg. I am married and have two kids. Because, of the disturbance made by my kids, I was not able to sleep well sometimes. So, I just started taking tablet Alprazolam 0.25 mg. Now I have been trying to gradually stop taking the medicine. So, I ha...  Read Full »

Dr. Shubham Mehta

Psychiatrist, Psychotherapist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.I can understand your concerns. Alprazolam is a habit forming drug. I would suggest you to take Zolpidem for disturbed sleep. Zolpidem is less addictive compared to Alprazolam. I will suggest you the following measures to get a sound sleep. Please try. Avoid sleeping duri...  Read Full »

I am unable to sleep without Alprazolam. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am taking Alprazolam 3mg since 5 years. I am also taking Carbamazepine 30mg since 3 years. Now I am unable to sleep without the medicine. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have been taking such a high dose of tablet Alprazolam 3mg since 5 years (long duration) and now you are dependent on it. My treatment plan is to shift you to tablet Valium, a long acting benzodiazepine (in place of Alprazolam) and then gradually taper of...  Read Full »

Are Xanax and premature ejaculation related?

Query: Hello doctor, My problem is very common with statistically around 30% of men face, which is premature ejaculation. There is no erectile dysfunction. It is just that I discharge at an extremely swift pace, that is within 30 seconds to 2 minutes of sexual activity. I have tried all techniques like st...  Read Full »

Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Premature ejaculation is defined as ejaculation with minimal sexual stimulation, before the patient desires and before or within one minute of penetration. Frequently, performance anxiety could be a cause of premature ejaculation. In that case, you can take deep breath...  Read Full »