Alprazolam

How to help my dad's altered behavior as he is affected by the death of his close relative?

Query: Hello doctor, My father is 77 years old. He is showing the following symptoms loss of interest in reading newspaper (he was very fond of), anger, aggressiveness, and shouting. He cried a lot on the death of his brother-in-law who was 70 years old and sick, self-doubt about his health with restlessne...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your father seems to have a major depressive disorder. He needs to start antidepressant medications. He can take the tablet Escitalopram 10 mg once in the morning after breakfast. If he has sleep disturbance then he needs to start tablet Alprazolam 0.25 mg at night. Eve...  Read Full »

How can I reduce my vitamin B12 level to help my sleep cycle?

Query: Hello doctor, I was taking a supplement with alpha lipoic acid, carnosine, and B complex. On 19th May, I started having problems with sleeping, and the duration was much shorter or fragmented. I stopped taking the supplement on 21st May. Blood tests showed that B12 levels were high at 1430. Folic ...  Read Full »

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. I have gone through the reports you have attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Since it is not in English, I do not understand completely but somehow I manage to understand the reports. All are normal. Yes, you ...  Read Full »

How can I manage withdrawal symptoms of Benzodiazepine and Alprazolam?

Query: Hi doctor, I took Benzodiazepine Alprazolam for insomnia for 2 months for a total dose of 30 mg, while stupidly attending college parties and binge drinking once a week during the period (I have never taken the pill on the day I was drinking). I did not take the drug every day and after roughly two...  Read Full »

Dr. Darakhshan

Pharmacologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. People taking Alprazolam should not combine it with alcohol and avoid combining it with other medications, such as narcotic pain relievers, that cause drowsiness. Doing so can cause additive drowsiness and reduced breathing as well as other side effects, which can be da...  Read Full »

How is OCD diagnosed?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 20 years old. He is tired,¬†fatigued and unmotivated for two years. Since from the childhood he has been troublesome and different from his siblings, but he was friendly and loving at that time. He had the habit of bedwetting till the age of 7 to 8. It seems that he has ADHD as ...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please describe his symptoms in more detail to help in making diagnosis of OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder). The symptoms you mention like lack of interest in anything, poor motivation, sleepiness, tiredness, mood swings, losing interest quickly suggest any dep...  Read Full »

How to become more energetic and active?

Query: Hi doctor, I am taking Stalopam 10 bd, Fludac 20 od and Alprax 0.5 od for anxiety and depression. I feel sleepy in daytime and frequent yawning. I feel fatigue and no energy or activeness. I am also on Olmesartan for high BP; Harty and Mactor EZ for high cholesterol levels. Kindly suggest some medic...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. You are suffering from anxiety and depressive disorder and are on 20 mg Escitalopram and 20 mg Fluoxetine per day. Both these drugs are SSRIs (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) and in my opinion there is no use in taking two SSRI drugs...  Read Full »

How long does it take for Desvenlafaxine to be effective?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 42 years old male. I had low mood with anxiety problem around two years back. I was on Desvenlafaxine 50 mg ER tablet prescribed by GP. I took it for around eight months and felt better. Then I consulted my psychiatrist and told that I have only anxiety. So, he prescribed Clonazepa...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Desvenlafaxine is a good antidepressant and anti-anxiety drug. The drug should be continued for long time to see its full effects. Drugs like Benzodiazepines (Clonazepam, Alprazolam or Nitrazepam) can help to control anxiety symptoms i...  Read Full »

Will Xanax withdrawal result in anxiety symptoms?

Query: Hello doctor, My brother who is 25 years old has been suffering from anxiety for the past four years. His doctor put him on Effexor and Elavil. Both the medicine has to be taken daily in addition to Xanax. Lately, the anxiety has developed into full blown panic attacks, two of which resulted in a ...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Udey

Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concerns. From your description, it seems that your brother might have become dependent on Xanax (Alprazolam). Xanax belongs to Benzodiazepine group of drugs and is quite notorious for causing dependence if used for a longer period. Hence...  Read Full »

I have been diagnosed with dysthymia depression. Kindly prescribe the medications.

Query: Hello doctor, I love myself and think I am a great guy, but feel no one else sees that. I have feelings of pending failure, feelings of inadequacy, fear of rejection, fear of police, fear of persecution, lots of mental ambition but no energy to actually do anything because I am convinced I would fa...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you are on right medication. Bupropion is a good antidepressant and very safe although it can cause insomnia, anxiety and dizziness as side effects in few patients but it would decrease on its own. Sertaline is an SSRI drug. As an antidepressant, Sertraline is so ...  Read Full »

Will taking Xanax regularly for longer period cause withdrawal effect?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 51 years old female and suffering from anxiety for decades. Recently it became debilitating, and I ended up in the ER and had an EKG because of heart palpitations. My doctor prescribed me 10 mg of Escitalopram and 1.5 mg of Xanax. The Xanax was supposed to be taken as needed, bu...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Escitalopram is an effective medication for managing anxiety disorder. The usual dose is between 10 to 20 mg daily. You are currently on 15 mg. Side effects can occur commonly in the first two weeks of starting the medication or increasing the dose, and then it tends t...  Read Full »

Can Xanax be used for ADHD?

Query: Hi doctor, My son, who is 26 years old, now has been diagnosed with ADHD when he was 5 years old. He went to various psychiatrist to make sure that he is actually ADHD. Six doctors confirmed that he has ADHD and two doctors said he has bipolar disorder. He says that he was given Xanax as a treatment...  Read Full »

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia

General Practitioner, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder also called as ADHD is a problem with hyperactivity and decrease attention. Bipolar disorder is the disorder in which increase talk, tall claims, decrease need for sleep and high energy are the most common symptoms. Xanax (Alpr...  Read Full »