Q. Is Alzheimer's disease curable?

Dr. Sudheer Ambekar
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 07, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 15, 2020

My dad is 82 and has a loss in his memory. Our doctor reported him as an Alzheimer patient (G1). Is that curable?

#

• Unfortunately, there is no cure for Alzheimer's disease as yet.
  • All one can do is to take adequate precautions to prevent worsening of quality of life due to the memory loss and disorientation.

For further information consult a neurologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/neurologist

How about stem-cell therapy and ozone therapy?

#

• No, stem-cell therapy has yet been approved for Alzheimer's disease, although research studies are in progress.
  • Ozone therapy is being used for Alzheimer's disease; however, no study has proven its benefit so far.

For further doubts consult a neurologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/neurologist

| 

What could be the reason for memory loss in a 22 year old?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 22 years old and I have been experiencing memory loss. I struggle to remember things. This happened when I was younger, for example, I was discussing something that happened years ago with a friend and realized that I had no memory of it. My memory of things which have happened m...  Read Full »

Why am I experiencing memory loss after a head injury?

Query: Hello doctor, Over a year and a half ago, I had a head injury which I did not think was too major back then but it has caused many problems for me over the period of time and it is only getting worse. I have been experiencing a major amount of memory loss such as not remembering what we are learnin...  Read Full »

How to overcome insomnia and memory problems?

Query: Hi doctor, For the past three months I have been suffering from worsening insomnia. I fall asleep with great difficulty. I used to get a light fragmented sleep, where I wake up several times and have many dreams. In fact do not even know if I have fallen asleep or not. I just know that time has pass...  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»