Q. I have lack of concentration, memory problems and negative thoughts. Please help

Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar Choudhary and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Difficulty In Concentrating or Memory Problems? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I have symptoms related to the mind and body. I have no clarity in thinking. I cannot make any decisions. Even if I do, the moment I make the decision, I get negative thoughts and a sudden jerk in my mind with a sensation of fear. Also, I have on and off memory issues. It appears fine some days and on others, I have a difficulty with memory retention. I am very prone to irritation, interruption of thoughts, cannot think clearly, confusion in mind, low mental stamina, unable to focus, no concentration, loss of conscious mind, on and off slurred speech, mild depression andsevere headache. This ache covers my mind so that I cannot think anything and it stresses me out.I am a spiritual person. But, these problems are not allowing me to experience any spiritual knowledge. The knowledge I experience now will not stay with me after a few days. On some days, I will not have any of these issues and feel all fine, but then again after some time, it recurs.I had experienced these problems last year when I had a B12 deficiency and got cured when the levels were treated. But, this time after taking so many B12 supplements still the problems are not resolving. I have digestion issues as well. From around five months, I am experiencing this issue. Still, the issue persists and it takes lot of time to digest food and other problems. My gastro confirmed that there are no structural issues with my GI tract, and gave medicines for indigestion, but there is not much of an improvement till date.

I have a fissure in the center of the tongue. Earlier, it was small and now it has become big. I also have back pain, body pains, and nerve pains, small sores in the side walls of mouth, small dots on the tip of the tongue, anal itching, burning sensation in the anus after passing stools, a yellowish coating on the tongue, low sexual interest, and premature ejaculation. I am unable to gain weight as well. All these problems started last year. I have consulted several doctors but did not obtain a proper cure till date. One doctor here asked me to consult a psychiatrist. So, you are my hope.