Q. Can unprotected sex after four days of period lead to pregnancy?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 21, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 08, 2020

I had unprotected sex after four days of the period this month. He did not ejaculate inside but I am not sure about pre-ejaculation. Within an hour after intercourse, I took unwanted 72 and I had bleeding for only one day. Is there a chance of pregnancy or not? Is it a withdrawal bleeding? My mensuration cycle is 30 days. Does it come under safe days or not?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Since you have taken the emergency pill within 72 hours of intercourse there is no chance of pregnancy. Yes, you had intercourse during your safe period, which is from day 1 to 10 of your period. Yes, the bleeding is withdrawal bleeding. There is nothing to worry about. So relax and do not worry.However, if you have a doubt then get back to me.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

Thank you so much. But I read on the internet that in a regular cycle of 28 days, day 8 to 18 are fertile. So in my case, does it come under safe days?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

It does come under safe dates. So relax and do not worry.

| 

After unprotected sex, how many days later can I take the pregnancy test?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Once you have missed your period, in a day or two you can get the urine pregnancy test done with early morning urine sample to ensure that you are not pregnant. I hope you have got a clear idea now. However, if you have a doubt then get back to me.

| 

Can I take the test before my periods start? I am so tensed.

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

No, do not do the test before your dates. And do not worry so much. There is no chance of pregnancy, as you had sex during your safe period

|