Q. I am still waiting for my periods a month after I-pill. Will I get it?

Dr. Purushottam Sah

My periods got over on the 7th of last month. I had unprotected sex with my partner on 10th. Within three to four hours, I took I-pill. I bled exactly after one week, that is, on the 17th. The bleeding was there for four days maximum. Now, it is the 12th and I am still waiting for my period. My partner is asking me not to worry but I am still very tensed. Will I get my periods?

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Andrology Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology Sexology
#

You had bleeding after sex. So, the chance of pregnancy is nil.

Periods may come on time or it may be late due to the effect of the pill. So, wait and relax. The time of period varies from person to person. There is no fixed rule.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

So, I need not do the home pregnancy test. I just have to wait for my periods, is that right?

Dr. Purushottam Sah

#

You should wait for a week. Then you can do a urine pregnancy test, although the chance is extremely low.

| 

My pregnant wife was recommended a gall bladder removal surgery. When can it be done?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 13 weeks pregnant. Though she takes Doxinate tablet once a day, she still has vomiting. Also, she often gets a stomach pain which eases in five minutes. We have discussed with the gynecologist about these issues and he had suggested a full abdominal ultrasound. In the ultra...  Read Full »

Delayed period after abortion. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 23 years old. Two months back she had abortion. After abortion she is taking Folic acid and Ecosprin 75. Last month her period lasted for around 14 days and then doctor gave her Sandoz medication. This month her period date already has passed far off but still she is not hav...  Read Full »

Will I-pill tablet work if taken two hours after the act?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 25 years old and she had her period on the 14th of last month. On the 1st of this month, while having intercourse, unfortunately, the condom broke. She had taken I-pill within two hours. Can you please advise if the tablet will work or not?  Read Full »