Q. Having Lazy eye with vision problem. How can the vision be improved?

Dr. Abhishek Onkar
Published on May 09, 2018

My daughter is 30 years old and is having Lazy eye with vision problem, in her left eye. It is not squint. The other eye is having normal vision. How can the vision be improved?

Dr. Abhishek Onkar

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

Welcome to icliniq.com. Lazy eye, without squint could lead to the following possibilities:

1. Amblyopia.

2.Retinal problem.

3. Neurological problem.

I would advice you to:

• Take an ophthalmic consultation with full ophthalmic examination.
  • Refraction test.
  • Fundus examination.

Since her age is already 30 years, and if she got diagnosed to be amblyopic, the chances of visual improvement in amblyopic eye is minimal. So, consult an eyecare ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

Can you tell me if a unilateral posterior polar cataract has congenital onset?

Query: Hi doctor, Can you please tell me if a unilateral posterior polar cataract has a congenital onset or develops after birth? I am desperately seeking answers as my daughter who is 5 years old has been diagnosed for the first time with a congenital polar cataract. The doctor who originally diagnosed h...  Read Full »

Suggest ayurvedic treatment for vision problems and fibrocystic mastopathy.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 61 years old and I am 165 cm. I weigh 55 kg. I was found to have the small formation of microcalcinates in the left mammary gland. It was operated and cancer was not found. Diagnosis after surgery was fibrocystic mastopathy. Could you recommend treatment for preventing this proble...  Read Full »

18-weeks-old baby diagnosed with congenital glaucoma and aniridia. Kindly help.

Query: Hi doctor,My 18 weeks old second daughter was diagnosed to have congenital glaucoma with aniridia and corneal opacities bilaterally at birth for which she underwent bilateral trabeculectomy within 15 days of birth. She achieved peripheral clearance of cornea in both the eyes within few days of surge...  Read Full »