Q. What are the ways to treat blurry vision?

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan
and medically reviewed by Dr. Dr. Divya Banu M
Published on Mar 13, 2019

I am of 21 and I am suffering from permanent blurry eye vision in my only right one. It is by birth. Is there any chance to cure it without any permanent glasses and without any operations. Suggest me, please.

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

I understand that you are having blurred vision in your right eye since birth. This kind of presentation can be due to a variety of reasons, the most important being amblyopia. This is a weakness in your vision nerve and the vision centers of your brain. This diagnosis can be made after the examination of your eye and vision.

In case you suffer only from a problem which is cured by wearing glasses, you have the option of getting the surgery done. In case you have amblyopia or other neurological problems, they are not corrected by glasses or surgery, that needs attention. My suggestion is to get your eye test done and read through the job requirements of the jobs you are applying for.

In case you are having any trouble understanding or need some help with technical details, please send a scanned copy of your doctors report and your job requirements. I will do my best to help you.

What care and precautions do I need to take for the cylindrical vision?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 4.5 years old. He is having a cylindrical vision with -2.75 power on both the eyes. What care and precaution do I need to take?  Read Full »

18-weeks-old baby diagnosed with congenital glaucoma and aniridia. Kindly help.

Query: Hi doctor,My 18 weeks old second daughter was diagnosed to have congenital glaucoma with aniridia and corneal opacities bilaterally at birth for which she underwent bilateral trabeculectomy within 15 days of birth. She achieved peripheral clearance of cornea in both the eyes within few days of surge...  Read Full »

What medication can be used to cure blurred vision after using laptop?

Query: Hello doctor, I play games on my laptop for hours a day and after a few hours, my eyes become little blurry especially my left eye. It is not that I cannot see a thing but I cannot see clearly either as compared to my right eye. I can see fully clear when it is about 5 to 10 cm from my eye (letters...  Read Full »