Q. What happens if a 31 weeks pregnant woman has low levels of amniotic fluid?

Dr. Varunbabu Aucha

I am 31 weeks pregnant and had to change my obstetrician. My previous doctor was concerned about my amniotic fluid levels as last week my levels were at 13. I went to see my new doctor yesterday and my levels had dropped to 9. The new doctor did not see a problem that my levels had dropped within a week. My condition is not getting better. Should I be concerned that I am losing amniotic fluid at the rate I am?

#

I read your query and understand your concern.

The quantity of amniotic fluid could vary person-to-person.

Nothing to be worried about much. If you have an amniotic fluid index of 9 cm, it is acceptable.

I suggest you check your blood pressure more frequently.

When amniotic fluid is low, you need to be conscious. As there will be restrictions on fetal growth.

I suggest you have a check with a fetal medicine doctor at your place.

|