Q. We had anal sex and now my wife has a tear in her anus. Please help.

Dr. Aditi Gupta Jha
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 21, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 05, 2020

I got married recently and tried anal sex. Because of it there is a small tear in her anus. This incident happened 3 weeks back. She does not have any pain while motion and also there is no blood or white mucus in the stool.

But, she feels a flesh strand (like thread) at her anus opening. And from two days she is having constipation. Please guide us how to proceed. Thank you.

Dr. Aditi Gupta Jha

#

From your description, it looks like your wife had an anal fissure, due to the tear. You should have a look at the strand that is hanging from the anus and locate it and then consult me. Depending on that, we should be able to better help her.

However, it is most important right now to avoid constipation. There is no pain, blood, mucus means there is no injury actively. Yet she needs to take a tablet Dulcolax or syrup Duphalac (Lactulose) or Isabgol (psyllium husk) with 1 glass of warm water at bedtime daily to avoid constipation strictly. Take care and get well soon.

Revert back for follow up after a week of medication or when necessary to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

Thanks a lot for the guidance. I bought telephone brand Isabgol. She will use it from tonight. I will take a photo of the anal tear and send you tomorrow for further analysis.

Dr. Aditi Gupta Jha

#

Yes you could send it to me directly, so I would not miss it. I am glad I could help. All the best.

Revert back with the picture to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|