Q. We had anal sex and now my wife has a tear in her anus. Please help.

Dr. Aditi Gupta Jha
Published on Jul 21, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I got married recently and tried anal sex. Because of it there is a small tear in her anus. This incident happened 3 weeks back. She does not have any pain while motion and also there is no blood or white mucus in the stool.

But, she feels a flesh strand (like thread) at her anus opening. And from two days she is having constipation. Please guide us how to proceed. Thank you.

Dr. Aditi Gupta Jha

#

From your description, it looks like your wife had an anal fissure, due to the tear. You should have a look at the strand that is hanging from the anus and locate it and then consult me. Depending on that, we should be able to better help her.

However, it is most important right now to avoid constipation. There is no pain, blood, mucus means there is no injury actively. Yet she needs to take a tablet Dulcolax or syrup Duphalac (Lactulose) or Isabgol (psyllium husk) with 1 glass of warm water at bedtime daily to avoid constipation strictly. Take care and get well soon.

Revert back for follow up after a week of medication or when necessary to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Thanks a lot for the guidance. I bought telephone brand Isabgol. She will use it from tonight. I will take a photo of the anal tear and send you tomorrow for further analysis.

Dr. Aditi Gupta Jha

#

Yes you could send it to me directly, so I would not miss it. I am glad I could help. All the best.

Revert back with the picture to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

I am having urine urgency after sexual intercourse. Please advice.

Query: Hi doctor, I am an 18-year-old female. I recently had sex that was a bit more rough than normal. Everything seems fine, I have not had cramping, and my IUD seems to still be in place, and the strings are still fine. The IUD is not poking out of my cervix, and, again, it does not hurt or cramp. Thoug...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I feel that you are experiencing an early stage of urinary infection. When you have sex, some penile secretions and semen may enter the bladder. It is a good practice to pass urine after sex. This may not need medication. Have lots of water, milk, juice, barley water or...  Read Full

Does constipation cause burning sensation in anus?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a burning sensation in anus after bowel movements for past one week. There is no blood discharge and poop was soft. I avoid eating spicy foods. The burning sensation lasts for hours.  Read Full >>

Dr. Akant Kaushal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The most common cause of burning sensation in anus following stools will be the consumption of spicy food. Another cause can be constipation, which can cause fissures around the anus. If this is the condition, apply Diltiazem gel 2 % three to four times a day for se...  Read Full

I have applied more Lignocaine gel than advised on my kid. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My 2-year-old son has hard motions. He has just had his circumcision surgery. My friends advised me to apply Lignocaine Hydrochloride gel between his buttocks. By mistake, I applied more. I am very much worried. I hope it is not harmful. Please advice.  Read Full >>

Dr. Simy Mathew
Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Lignocaine (Lidocaine Topical) gel is a local anesthetic so even if you have applied more there is nothing to worry. If he is having constipation, I suggest you give him syrup Looz (Lactulose) 10 mL twice daily. This is a stool softener and you can give h...  Read Full