Q. I have itching in the anus and nothing seems to work. What to do?

Dr. Sandhya

I have intestinal worms causing itching in the anus. I tried Mebendazole 500 mg and also Albendazole 400 mg for three days but nothing works.

Dr. Sandhya

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

After viewing your query, I would like to add:

• Firstly, you need to mention the symptoms you are having.
  • Have you undergone a stool examination? If not I would highly suggest that.
  • It is very important to rule out any local causes for the feeling of itch. To be specific, there are a number of other causes that could lead to the same symptom of itch. Consulting a doctor in person and getting the area checked is important to find out any trauma or infection over the area.
  • For relief from your present symptom, there is a method called sitz bath. Take a liter of warm water and add two teaspoons of salt and sit in it for 15 minutes twice a day.

Kindly follow the above steps.

For more information consult a general practitioner online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/general-practitioner

|