Q. Why do I have pain in anus while passing stools and a lot of blood loss?

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana
This is a premium question & answer published on May 11, 2020 and last reviewed on: May 23, 2020

Having pain in anus as well as difficulty while passing stools. huge anount of blood loss.

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Medical Gastroenterology
#

Hello. I welcome you to icliniq.

First of all try to reduce your weight. At most times, it is the obesity which has been causing problems. The bleeding while passing stools can be secondary to anal fissure, hemorrhoids, rectal ulcer due to difficult defecation. For better clarification and confirming the diagnosis I need to know more about your symptoms- such as how exactly the amount of blood it is? Does blood form a streak over the sides of poop? How painful it is while passing stools? and does it causes pain or burning even after 1 hour of opening your bowel? and Do you have constipation? No. of stools in a week?

If you could answer me for above question, I would be in better position to tell you what it is exactly. Considering a possibility of anal fissure, I recommend you to apply Diltiazem gel 2 % over the bottom with a finger 3 times daily, and start taking ispagol husk 2 table spoon full in glass of water daily irrespective of constipation or not. Take at least 2 to 3 liters of water/fluid daily. Reduce weight by brisk walking 150 min/week and reduce caloric intake.

As mentioned above

Mentioned above

As mentioned above

| 

Why do I have pellet-like stools and bloating from few months?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 17 year old female. My weight is 140 kg and height 5'4". I need your guidance and advice on something that has been going on for a very long time. In the past, I have been a vegetarian, paleo, vegan, etc. And I am currently a vegan because I feel it is the right thing to do. ...  Read Full »

I am having itching and infected skin between anus and genital area. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have got some itching and infected skin in-between anus and genital area. It started more than a year ago near the anus and it is increasing its area slowly. White dry dead skin comes at the surface of the infected area when not lubricated. I thought it will heal in some time by app...  Read Full »

I have anal pain even two weeks after a piles surgery. Is it normal?

Query: Hello doctor,I had undergone piles surgery two weeks ago. Still, I have pain in the anal area during bowel movements.  Read Full »