Q. I got a lump in my anal hole. What to do?

Dr. Noushif M
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 03, 2018 and last reviewed on: Nov 07, 2019

I got a lump in my anal hole. One big popping out and it is painful. It has happened after 4 to 6 months. What to do? I have an exam tomorrow.

Dr. Noushif M

General Surgery Medical Gastroenterology Surgical Gastroenterology
#

You have a pile mass with blood clot within (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The blood clot causes pain. You have to follow few simple measures.

1. Sit in a mildly warm water (saline or salt added) for three to four times a day (each session 10 minutes).
  2. Use local creams like Smuth (Calcium Dobesilate, Lignocaine, etc.) or Anobliss (Lidocaine) three times a day.
  3. Drink around 2 to 3 liters of water daily.
  4. Avoid constipating foods.
  5. Do not strain at stools. Make sure you have soft stools. Can use syrup Cremaffin plus (Liquid paraffin, Magnesium hydroxide, etc.) 20 ml at night if not.

For more information consult a medical gastroenterologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

| 

How can hemorrhoids be treated?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 47-year-old female. I have hemorrhoids that are really causing me pain these days. Can you suggest me any over-the-counter creams or medications? Do I really need to see a doctor?  Read Full »

Kindly suggest medicines for anal pain.

Query: Hello doctor, A few days back, I faced problem with digestion and constipation. I had frequent bowel movement. But, the stool became tight and I had to pressure it out. Now, I feel pain and inflammation in my rectum and it seems that there is some swelling inside. The irritation gets intensified as...  Read Full »

Can you please let me know the treatment for thrombosed hemorrhoid?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a male, and from the past two days, I have pain and itching around the anus. The doctor checked and told that it is a thrombosed hemorrhoid. Can you please let me know the treatment for this? Can it be solved by using conservative methods or do I need any surgery? Thanks in adva...  Read Full »