Q. I got a lump in my anal hole. What to do?

Dr. Noushif M
Published on Jun 03, 2018 and last reviewed on: Nov 07, 2019

I got a lump in my anal hole. One big popping out and it is painful. It has happened after 4 to 6 months. What to do? I have an exam tomorrow.

Dr. Noushif M

General Surgery Medical Gastroenterology Surgical Gastroenterology
#

You have a pile mass with blood clot within (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The blood clot causes pain. You have to follow few simple measures.

1. Sit in a mildly warm water (saline or salt added) for three to four times a day (each session 10 minutes).
  2. Use local creams like Smuth (Calcium Dobesilate, Lignocaine, etc.) or Anobliss (Lidocaine) three times a day.
  3. Drink around 2 to 3 liters of water daily.
  4. Avoid constipating foods.
  5. Do not strain at stools. Make sure you have soft stools. Can use syrup Cremaffin plus (Liquid paraffin, Magnesium hydroxide, etc.) 20 ml at night if not.

For more information consult a medical gastroenterologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

How can hemorrhoids be treated?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 47-year-old female. I have hemorrhoids that are really causing me pain these days. Can you suggest me any over-the-counter creams or medications? Do I really need to see a doctor?  Read Full >>

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If it is an external hemorrhoid or if thrombosed or thrombophlebitis, it may cause pain. Eat a high-fiber diet. Avoid spicy food and alcohol. Do regular exercise and drink plenty of water. Use syrup Lactulose 30 ml at night. If symptoms have not improved please cons...  Read Full

Kindly suggest medicines for anal pain.

Query: Hello doctor, A few days back, I faced problem with digestion and constipation. I had frequent bowel movement. But, the stool became tight and I had to pressure it out. Now, I feel pain and inflammation in my rectum and it seems that there is some swelling inside. The irritation gets intensified as...  Read Full >>

Dr. Bharat Patodiya

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It appears that due to constipation you have developed the pain of the rectum. Relieve the constipation by taking non-irritative purgative. My favorite is Movicol (Polyethylene glycol) with one glass of water at bedtime for two to three weeks. Rule out other causes of con...  Read Full

Can you please let me know the treatment for thrombosed hemorrhoid?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a male, and from the past two days, I have pain and itching around the anus. The doctor checked and told that it is a thrombosed hemorrhoid. Can you please let me know the treatment for this? Can it be solved by using conservative methods or do I need any surgery? Thanks in adva...  Read Full >>

Dr. Arvind Guru
General Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It would be best if you can upload the pictures of the problem before I can comment and recommend anything definitive and specific to you. If I assume that your doctor rightly diagnosed the problem as a thrombosed hemorrhoid, then I suggest you try doing the following: ...  Read Full