Q. Can you get pregnant from anal sex?

Dr. Deepali Raina
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 06, 2020 and last reviewed on: May 04, 2021

I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend. She took I-pill on the next day. She had her last period 20 days back and she told me that her expected period was a week later. She also had cramps in her abdomen and back. After that, she got her periods and it lasted for four days. In the middle of her period, we had anal sex. I did not ejaculate inside and she closed her vagina with hands. But there was precum and so we are worried. Can you tell me when she can get her periods? It has been 34 days after having her last period. Kindly help.

#

I-pill is high-dose progesterone. It can cause irregular cycles for a month or two. Anal sex will not lead to pregnancy. Precum has some or no sperms and there is only a theoretical chance of having a pregnancy with pre-cum. For your satisfaction, take a simple home urine pregnancy test using a kit. If it is negative, she can take tablet Meprate 10 mg (Medroxyprogesterone acetate) twice a day for five days. After 3 to 4 days of stopping Meprate, she can get her periods. If this period irregularity occurs continuously, then she can consult a gynecologist.

|