Q. How likely am I to develop anaphylaxis to local anesthetic if I tolerated it in the past?

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Radheshyam Gupta and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Anaphylaxis or Local Anesthesia? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am 27 years old and really worried about developing anaphylaxis to a local anesthetic. Even though I have had it twice without any problems, I would just like some information on how likely this is to happen and some information to help me put my mind to rest and stop worrying.