Q. Should my Thyronorm dosage be altered as I feel dizzy and weak?

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 08, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

My TSH level is 0.056. I am at present taking Thyronorm 75 mcg as I have been suffering from hypothyroidism before. At present, I have low blood pressure and I feel dizzy and weak.

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Diabetology Endocrinology
#

I read your query and from what you have mentioned it appears that you have overcorrected hypothyroidism.

I suggest that you decrease the dose of Thyronorm to 50 mcg once daily.

Repeat your thyroid function test after six weeks and then we will review again.

Also, you have urinary tract infection and therefore maybe you can be dizzy and weak.

If you do not have any drug allergy then you can take tablet Cefuroxime 500 mg twice a day for five days.

You can also take tablet Paracetamol 500 mg thrice a day for three days. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take all the medicines.

Drink eight to 10 glasses of water daily.

For more information consult an endocrinologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/endocrinologist

| 

The report I sent you was of last year. So, I am not sure if I still have the UTI. Another doctor advised me to stop the Thyronorm completely for a while and see. Do you think that is fine?

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Diabetology Endocrinology
#

No, I think reducing the dose and repeating the tests in six weeks will be better. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take the medicines.

| 

So then what do you think is the reason for dizziness and the weakness and what can I do for the low blood pressure?

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Diabetology Endocrinology
#

You can increase your fluid intake by drinking eight to 10 glasses of water daily.

Eating a well-balanced diet meal by eating small meals frequently.

Also, recheck urinalysis frequently.

|