Q. Please explain the side effects of Finasteride.

Answered by Dr. Gaurang Gupta and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Androgenetic Alopecia or Finasteride? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am a 27 year old male. I am suffering from androgenetic alopecia since I was 18. Recently a doctor advised me to take Genesis (Finasteride) along with Novophane capsules and to spray Minoxidil. I want to ask whether this is the right type of medication. Also what are the possible side effects? Especially of Finasteride regarding erectile dysfunction. Thanks in anticipation.