Q. I am using Minoxidil but not satisfied with the outcome. What is wrong here?

Dr. Payal Chauhan
Published on Apr 25, 2019

I am using Minoxidil for nine months now for the bald patches on my head. A little progress was seen between 3 to 4 months but no progress recorded afterwards. Can you suggest me what is wrong or if I should change my prescription?

Dr. Payal Chauhan

Dermatology Venereology
#

1. You can use Minoxidil for androgenetic alopecia and it takes times in a few people to gain full results. Sometimes there can be shedding of hair in between but you will recover from it if you keep using it. So stick to it.

2. You can also add tablet Finasteride 1 mg daily which is the only approved oral medications for androgenetic alopecia.

| 

I am a 25-year-old male with extreme hair loss. Kindly advice.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25-year-old male with extreme hair loss. I was on Rogaine 5 %, Finax 1 mg, but losing lots of hair from the vertex.  Read Full »

Is it fine to plan for baby while taking Finasteride?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been consuming Finasteride 1 mg for more than a year for androgenic alopecia. I have mild hair fall concentrated at the vertex. My hair started thinning before four years, mostly at the vertex. My age is 36. I am in excellent health and married. Now, I am planning for a baby. Curre...  Read Full »