Q. I am using Minoxidil but not satisfied with the outcome. What is wrong here?

Dr. Payal Chauhan

I am using Minoxidil for nine months now for the bald patches on my head. A little progress was seen between 3 to 4 months but no progress recorded afterwards. Can you suggest me what is wrong or if I should change my prescription?

#

1. You can use Minoxidil for androgenetic alopecia and it takes times in a few people to gain full results. Sometimes there can be shedding of hair in between but you will recover from it if you keep using it. So stick to it.

2. You can also add tablet Finasteride 1 mg daily which is the only approved oral medications for androgenetic alopecia.

|