Q. I am just 22 and already going bald. Why?

Dr. (prof.) Kumaresan Muthuvel

I am a 22 year old male, height 5 feet and 5 inches and weight 66 kg. I first started experiencing hair fall a year ago, and after taking homeopathy treatment, there was a good improvement in a couple of months. I did not have any hair fall for eight to nine months. But, from the last three to four months, I am experiencing hair fall again. Now, it is a serious issue. Whenever I comb my hair, a minimum of 10 to 15 hair falls. I do not have any dandruff. What should I do now?

And another problem is that I am almost 23, but I am still not getting a beard on my face. I have little hair on the chin, and that's it. What should I do to grow facial hair? I do not take any medicines.

Dr. (prof.) Kumaresan Muthuvel

Cosmetology Dermatology Hair Transplant Surgeon
#

• The hair fall you are experiencing might be androgenetic alopecia, and this is a genetic condition. This happens if your father or other family members are bald. Usually, the genetic baldness starts from the age of 20 to 25 and gradually progresses. A fall of up to 100 hair per day is considered normal.
  • You need to start using Minoxidil solution daily at night time for at least a year.
  • Start a Vitamin supplement with Biotin 5 mg for a period of three months. Once you start the medications, the hair fall reduces by four months.
  • Regarding growing your facial hair, it is normal for some males to have a delayed facial hair growth. You can wait for a few more years. If your underarm hair and pubic hair are normal, you need not worry. If not, you will need to check your hormone levels.

For more information consult a cosmetologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/cosmetologist

| 

Thanks for your reply. Yes, my father has partial baldness. Please tell me in detail about the medicines I should take.

Dr. (prof.) Kumaresan Muthuvel

#

• I suggest the following medicines:
  1. Tugain (Minoxidil 5 %) solution at night for a period of six months.
  2. KZ lotion (Ketoconazole 2 %) as a shampoo weekly once.
  3. Tablet Follihair (Biotin) once a day, every morning for three months.

Follow up after three months.

Revert after three months to a cosmetologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/cosmetologist

| 

Can bleaching be really harmful to my hair?

Query: Hello doctor, I bleached my roots twice in the summer, and there was a ton of overlap, resulting in a lot of breakages. I thought the breakage subsided so I had extensions put in. I just recently had them taken out and realized that my hair has become super thin and I have lost a lot of them and my...  Read Full »

Please suggest a treatment for dandruff.

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from dandruff for more than a year. I am a prefinal year student and my gender is female. Please suggest a solution for dandruff. Can I use One shot dandruff killer?  Read Full »

Please help me with my itchy scalp.

Query: Hi doctor, I have itchy scalp and have started losing hair. Can I get help on this?  Read Full »

Ask a Cosmetologist Now