Q. I am just 22 and already going bald. Why?

Dr. Kumaresan Muthuvel

I am a 22 year old male, height 5 feet and 5 inches and weight 66 kg. I first started experiencing hair fall a year ago, and after taking homeopathy treatment, there was a good improvement in a couple of months. I did not have any hair fall for eight to nine months. But, from the last three to four months, I am experiencing hair fall again. Now, it is a serious issue. Whenever I comb my hair, a minimum of 10 to 15 hair falls. I do not have any dandruff. What should I do now?

And another problem is that I am almost 23, but I am still not getting a beard on my face. I have little hair on the chin, and that's it. What should I do to grow facial hair? I do not take any medicines.

#

• The hair fall you are experiencing might be androgenetic alopecia, and this is a genetic condition. This happens if your father or other family members are bald. Usually, the genetic baldness starts from the age of 20 to 25 and gradually progresses. A fall of up to 100 hair per day is considered normal.
  • You need to start using Minoxidil solution daily at night time for at least a year.
  • Start a Vitamin supplement with Biotin 5 mg for a period of three months. Once you start the medications, the hair fall reduces by four months.
  • Regarding growing your facial hair, it is normal for some males to have a delayed facial hair growth. You can wait for a few more years. If your underarm hair and pubic hair are normal, you need not worry. If not, you will need to check your hormone levels.

For more information consult a cosmetologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/cosmetologist

Thanks for your reply. Yes, my father has partial baldness. Please tell me in detail about the medicines I should take.

#

• I suggest the following medicines:
  1. Tugain (Minoxidil 5 %) solution at night for a period of six months.
  2. KZ lotion (Ketoconazole 2 %) as a shampoo weekly once.
  3. Tablet Follihair (Biotin) once a day, every morning for three months.

Follow up after three months.

Revert after three months to a cosmetologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/cosmetologist

|