Q. Kindly suggest remedies to raise RBC count in anemic.

Answered by Dr. Smrita Singh and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Anemia or Low Rbc Count? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My mother is suffering from anemia. She was hospitalized with hemoglobin 4.6. After two units of blood transfusion, it came up to 6.8 and gone back to 6.3 after 10 days, then another unit was transfused. Endoscopy, colonoscopy, CT-scan have been done but no concrete reason was found. Then serum iron and ferritin test showed ferrozine, cobas / 6000 at 396 micro-gm/dl and ELFA, mini vidas 10.6 ng/ml. She is currently taking Astier XT one tablet per day.