Anemia

What could cause breathing difficulty with dizziness and pale?

Query: Hello doctor, I cannot breathe properly and I burp every few minutes. And I am always dizzy and pale. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You might be suffering from low hemoglobin. The causes are many, but to start I want you to get some tests to help diagnose the problem. The possibilities are celiac disease, H pylori infections, food allergies, giardiasis, and autoimmune enteropathy. You also loo...  Read Full »

Why do I often see bright red blood in my stool and feel tired?

Query: Hi Doctor, Almost 40 days back I saw bright red drops of blood coming out when I was passing the stool, I saw blood(bright red/red) in my stool for next two days and then the problem went away but I became conscious. Since past week I'd noticed very small amount of blood in my stool.But last nig...  Read Full »

Dr. Abdullah Sultan

General Surgeon

Answer: Hello dear, hope you are fine. The presentation you described is likely to be a hemorrhoids (biles), that causing blood in the stool. The fatigue you described maybe due to loss of blood, that caused anemia. I recommend that to confirm the diagnosis, to be examined by a surgeon, so to make sure it's...  Read Full »

How to treat severe menstrual bleeding and symptoms of anemia caused by it?

Query: Ok so, I'm a 20 yo femal, for 5 years I've had inconsistent periods, I would bleed nonstop for 3 months, then go for 4 or 5 without a single drop, I've had normal cycles (as in a 6 days cycle normal flow) only a couple of times in my life, I went to 3 different obgyns did ultrasounds and everything...  Read Full »

Dr. Vidyaprem

Answer: hi !! welcome to iclinq... what you're going through is just the hormonal imbalance.... for a perfect normal monthly cycle the hypothalamus, pituitary, and your ovaries should work in coordination..... that cordination takes few years and varies with individuals...... as of now correct your anem...  Read Full »

Is it enough to take iron pills for 3 months for anemia due to rectal bleeding?

Query: Hello doctor, My height is 5'7" and I weigh about 159 pounds. I am a male with anemia. I got a colonoscopy but they could not stop the bleeding, so I got a transfusion, and I also got another colonoscopy to make sure that the bleeding stopped. I have to get another colonoscopy between 3-6 months fr...  Read Full »

Dr. Kapil Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned that you had bleeding per rectum and you had gone for the colonoscopy. Can you share the report of colonoscopy so that I can know what was the cause of bleeding? It is perfectly safe for you to continue the iron medicines until the time you get an app...  Read Full »

Kindly explain the blood report of severe aplastic anemia.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 40 years old. 20 years back I was diagnosed with Severe Aplastic Anemia (idiopathic), which was treated with ATG (With Prednisone/Cyclosporine). It took a good year to have a complete recovery, but it came back to 100 %. I have always lived a bit in the fear of Myelodysplasia, bu...  Read Full »

Dr. Kks

Hematologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I reviewed all the documents you attached (attachment removed to protect ptient identity). I can feel your concern as I have closely followed many aplastic patients before. So, the fear or concern you have is genuine but I am happy to say that your CBC is wonderful. I a...  Read Full »

Why do I get swelling in feet and ankle after Entocort intake?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 62-year-old female. I was diagnosed with collagenous colitis following colonoscopy biopsies. I started on Entocort, three days later I have severe swelling in feet and ankles. I am fatigued the next day. On the seventh day, I had swelling of lips and a strange feeling in the th...  Read Full »

Dr. Srinivas Morampudi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Entocort (Budesonide) is a corticosteroid. It is very unlikely to cause anemia, especially to the extent that you had. What was your hemoglobin prior to the colonoscopy? If it was near normal and then dropped to 3.6, that would be a huge drop. If you had gastrointestin...  Read Full »

What is the best way to titre my oxygen level to combat Co2 retention?

Query: Hello doctor, I feel that I am a complicated case and I am trying to figure out the best way to titrate my oxygen treatment. I have late-stage cystic fibrosis, and I am experiencing a few months of exacerbation that has led to me needing oxygen full time. A few weeks ago I began, for the first time...  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, that was a wonderful and well-detailed query. I will answer your query in parts. Regarding your insensitivity to low O2 saturation: Well, this is an expected development in long-standing lung problems. Continuous exposure to low oxygen levels over long time ...  Read Full »

Is there a chance of passing of hemoglobin D trait from parent to children?

Query: Hello doctor, I have haemoglobin D traits. What can I do, so that my child does not have that problem? I have done abnormal stuudies of HPCL.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to the icliniq.com. I have checked the attached report. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is suggestive of Hb D (hemoglobin D) trait. It can get transmitted in your future child if you have that problem. You cannot prevent trait transmission. In fact HB D trait ...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for pain in legs, lower back and stomach of a 12-year-old girl?

Query: Hello doctor, My 12-year-old daughter is complaining of pain in her legs, lower back, and stomach. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Medical Gastroenterologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Information given by you is quite deficient. Still I will try to explain you. Some of the children in this age group has this pain. It has variable etiology. Most common cause is related to anemia (deficiency of hemoglobin in blood) and deficiency of vitamin D. Rest ...  Read Full »

Can low blood pressure and symptoms of anemia be related to dengue?

Query: Hi doctor, Female, 34 years old, 164 cm height, and 74 kg weight. Last month I suffered from dengue fever DHF NS1 antigen positive right lung pneumonia right lung pleval effusion, ascites, and type 1 respiratory failure, anemia and PV bleeding. Now after recovery, I consulted doctor, he carried out...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The positive direct coombs test is suggestive of some form of hemolytic anemia in which antibody bind to red blood cells. The DCT could be positive because of immune hemolytic anemia. Dengue infection is form of viral infection and it can cause immune hemolytic anemi...  Read Full »