Anemia

What could be the reason for pain in legs, lower back and stomach of a 12-year-old girl?

Query: Hello doctor, My 12-year-old daughter is complaining of pain in her legs, lower back, and stomach. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Medical Gastroenterologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Information given by you is quite deficient. Still I will try to explain you. Some of the children in this age group has this pain. It has variable etiology. Most common cause is related to anemia (deficiency of hemoglobin in blood) and deficiency of vitamin D. Rest ...  Read Full »

Can low blood pressure and symptoms of anemia be related to dengue?

Query: Hi doctor, Female, 34 years old, 164 cm height, and 74 kg weight. Last month I suffered from dengue fever DHF NS1 antigen positive right lung pneumonia right lung pleval effusion, ascites, and type 1 respiratory failure, anemia and PV bleeding. Now after recovery, I consulted doctor, he carried out...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The positive direct coombs test is suggestive of some form of hemolytic anemia in which antibody bind to red blood cells. The DCT could be positive because of immune hemolytic anemia. Dengue infection is form of viral infection and it can cause immune hemolytic anemi...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for non stop bleeding since giving birth?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a baby last February, and since then, I have not stopped bleeding. I have done ultrasounds (internal and external), blood tests, and they still do not know what is wrong, and I cannot afford to see a specialist. Now, when I stand after sitting, leaning, or laying down, I am dizzy...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You must have become anemic now as you have been bleeding for so long. I suggest if there was no cause found on ultrasound and the uterus is well involuted and clean, then the likely cause is progesterone imbalance. If you are not planning for another child for the n...  Read Full »

Are eating slate pencils and raw rice normal?

Query: Hello doctor,My sister eats slate pencils of two boxes a day and she also eats raw rice too much. So can you give some medicines which taste like a slate pencil?  Read Full »

Dr. Kiran Anaparthi

Family Physician, HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First, child eating slate pencils and rice is an indication of severe anemia. Tell your parents to get tested for hemoglobin and start on the iron supplement which increases iron levels and blood levels and reduces craving for these rice and slate pencils. Second, the ...  Read Full »

My wife's hemoglobin is 8. What is the cause?

Query: Hello doctor,My wife's hemoglobin is 8. The reports of various tests do not seem to show the reason. What could it be?  Read Full »

Dr. C Elanchezhian

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, your wife is in severe anemia. Hb (hemoglobin) level is low at 8.1 g/dl. RBC count is low at 2.86 million/cu.mm. The reticulocyte count is 7.0 increased-that means bone marrow production increased to face the demand. LFT is normal. There is no hemolysis. Now...  Read Full »

Elliptocytes and ovalocytes are present in blood smear. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,This is for my mother who I been concerned about. Would her reports seem acceptable for a smear slide examination? Anisocytosis 1+, ellliptocytes present, ovalocytes present. She developed memory and confusion issues within a month and has a heart valve issue with an ECG that was record...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Anisocytosis, eliptocytes all can be seen in anemia case. In iron deficiency anemia also it can be seen. So, you should check her hemoglobin level and HCT level. Do not worry about that. With the treatment of anemia, usually, it disappears.  Read Full »

I have attached the blood tests of my friend. Please check and provide the required consultation.

Query: Hello doctor, I am attaching the blood tests of my friend. Please check and provide the required consultation.  Read Full »

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and reports, and she has a very low hemoglobin count. Please take iron injections and iron supplements, iron-rich diet and plenty of fruits and vegetables. However, if you have a doubt, then get back to me.  Read Full »

My blood reports shows lymphocytosis and macrocytic anemia. Kindly give your opinion.

Query: Hello doctor,I would like to know your opinion of my complete blood count. I have attached my reports with this which shows absolute lymphocytosis and macrocytic anemia from two years.   Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to the icliniq.com. In the mentioned history hemoglobin level is low and MCV (mean corpuscular volume) is high, So macrocytic anemia is present (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The cause for which has to be ruled out. Hypothyroidism, vitamin B12 deficiency, liver di...  Read Full »

A part of my foot has been numb for several days. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, Part of my foot has been numb for several days but I feel fine. No pain or anything. Is this any reason for concern?  Read Full »

Dr. Philip Shenouda

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I see that you need to perform the following tests to see if you have acquired diabetes and/or anemia related to vitamin B12 deficiency. In case the test results are negative and the symptoms resolve in the coming days then there is no need to worry. If the condition co...  Read Full »

Should I opt for C-section for being anemic?

Query: Hello doctor, I am at my first pregnancy, and I am seven months pregnant. I have been anemic all of my life, and I am still struggling to get my iron levels up. When I went to the hospitals for my checkups, they have not said anything about my anemia. I was wondering should I request a C- section ...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepali Raina

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You still have three months to go till delivery. This is enough time to diagnose the reason for your anemia and also to build up your hemoglobin levels. Talk to your obstetrician about it. Blood loss in C- section and normal delivery are almost the same. So any mode...  Read Full »