Anemia

Why do I often see bright red blood in my stool and feel tired?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 23 years old with a weight of 77 kilograms and a height of six feet. Before 40 days, I saw some blood coming out while passing stools. After that, I saw them for the next two days and then my problem went away. Before a week, I noticed some small amount of blood again in my stool....  Read Full »

Dr. Abdullah Sultan

General Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have hemorrhoids that cause blood in stools. Fatigue occurs due to loss of blood causing anemia. I suggest you consult a surgeon for having a physical examination to confirm the diagnosis. I suggest you do CBC (complete blood count) to check your hemoglo...  Read Full »

Why am I experiencing pain and weakness with on and off cramping in my biceps?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been experiencing pain and weakness with on and off cramping in my biceps. And I also feel fatigued all over my body. I am afraid. Are these symptoms of ALS?  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern and would explain that your symptoms are not typical of ALS because the location of the biceps weakness is not typical of this disorder. The fatigue may be related to different possible causes: - Anemia. - Vitamin B12 or Vitamin D deficie...  Read Full »

How to treat severe menstrual bleeding and symptoms of anemia caused by it?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 20-year-old female. I have had inconsistent periods for five years, and I would bleed nonstop for three months, then go for 4 or 5 without a single drop. I have had normal cycles (as in a six days cycle normal flow) only a couple of times in my life. I went to 3 different obste...  Read Full »

Dr. Vidyaprem

Answer: Hi, Welcome to iclinq.com. What you are going through is just the hormonal imbalance. For a perfect normal monthly cycle, the hypothalamus, pituitary, and ovaries should work in coordination. That coordination takes few years and varies with individuals. As of now, correct your anemia with hematin...  Read Full »

Before and after getting periods, my resting heart rate fluctuates. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor,My resting heart rate seems to be high for a year. It happens before getting periods. I have my periods now and I still have bleeding on the fourth day with a bit of cramp lasting for five days. Is it normal? I feel a bit weak and get tired after getting period. I seem to be little anemic ...  Read Full »

Dr. Lorena Zijaj

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The normal duration of a period is five to seven days and so you do not need to worry about it. The patterns of menstruation can change during years. For anemia, you need to do a hemogram to evaluate the accuracy of hemoglobin. I have gone through the attached report (a...  Read Full »

Why do I feel my heart pounding, and it skips beats sometimes?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 36 years old. I am facing fast and loud heart rates and intermediate skip in the beats, making me feel weak and tired. I have recently consulted a doctor for hyperacidity. My ears ring continuously, and I feel a crackling sound in the head. I had a whiplash a year ago. Since then,...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from a fast heartbeat, skipping heartbeat, or heart palpitations with weakness and tiredness. You also have a history of hyperacidity, neck ache due to whiplash injury, and hearing of a ...  Read Full »

Ulcerative colitis with bleeding in stool

Query: Hello doctor, I have ulcerative colitis for more than two months. I pass more than seven stools a day (loose stools). Constant bleeding before every stool from the rectum. Fever, rapid heartbeat, and anemia. And have a fungal infection, taking medicine too.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. For ulcerative colitis, an anti-inflammatory drug like Sulfasalazine group of drugs can be started. (In a severe case, Steroid can be prescribed for a short duration). Immunosuppressive drugs prescribed if needed. Anti-diarrheal medication also can be prescribed to d...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for cold hands and feet?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a problem with cold feet and hands. Most of the days, in the afternoon-evening time, my palm and feet turn freezing cold. Also, I feel very much sensitive to cold weather. What is the reason for this? I had checked my RBC long before when a doctor checked my eyes and said I se...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from palm and feet turning freezing cold. You feel very much sensitive to cold. Reasons for your palm and feet turn freezing may be due to DM (diabetes mellitus), lupus, scleroderma, th...  Read Full »

How to cure anemia fast?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 58 years old. I am anemic. Last time, I went to the hospital and had six units of blood. After getting some blood, I felt fine. But now, I am weak again. What can I do for a quick fix for this problem? They found no internal bleeding. I cannot do this anymore, and I have no energ...  Read Full »

Dr. Lakshmi Prasanna Koya

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is a common problem. Do not worry. You did not mention whether you are taking iron supplements. If not, please start taking them so that you can improve your hemoglobin. Also, do regular Hb checkups after taking the supplement to rule out any problem in iron absor...  Read Full »

Does my ECG report reveal cardiomyopathy?

Query: Hi doctor, I recently had an ECG as I have been short of breathe on exertion and occasionally I have palpitations and dizziness. The 12 lead ECG said sinus rhythm. QRS (T) contour abnormality. Consider anterolateral myocardial damage. HR 95 minutes. Intervals: RR 632 ms. P 96 ms. PR 116...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

Cardiologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your ECG (electrocardiography) is normal. The symptoms you described do not seem to be related to the heart. In your case, palpitations and shortness of breath on exertion may be due to anxiety, anemia, thyroid disorder, and sedentary lifestyle leading to deconditionin...  Read Full »

How to control hair loss presenting for a long period of time?

Query: In the past week, I have been having severe hair fall. Whenever I tug my hand into the hair I"ll get about 10-20 strands of hair. Hair loss during combing and showering is even too severe. My hair growth is very slow. I used to have significant hair fall for a long period of time. My hair has bec...  Read Full »

Dr. Shama Naaz

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, welcome to icliniq, Hair loss can occur due to nutritional deficiency, acute illness, stress& anxiety, thyroid disorders, anemia, hereditary or hormonal problems. So eat a healthy diet rich in vitamin b7 like nuts, seed, green vegetables, eggs, sweet potato. If you have any other medical c...  Read Full »