Q. My son was born without irises in the eyes. Is there any treatment?

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 03, 2017 and last reviewed on: Nov 13, 2021

My son has a genetic problem. Many doctors that we consulted say that he does not have irises in his eyes. He is only 14 months old. Is there any treatment? I also face the same problem.

#

• I think he has aniridia. I am sorry, but there is no permanent cure for this.
  • But yes, you can try cosmetic contact lens, which will decrease photophobia. If his retina is fine, then this will help him.

For more information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

|