Q. What are the best skin products to prevent anti-aging and hyperpigmentation?

Dr. Snehal Laul

I am 38 years old and concerned about anti-aging, hyperpigmentation, and texture. I am an African with dark brown skin. I have some glycolic skincare products that I want to use. I eventually want to start using retinol and Vitamin C. I know these products cannot be mixed and used at the same time. I recently read something about glycolic acid thinning the skin. What is the best order for skin products, and how many days a week is too much for active ingredients? I do not want to harm my skin. I do wear SPF 46 or 50 sunscreen on my face too.

I am currently on Carbamazepine, Metformin, Vitamin D, and Folic acid.

Dr. Snehal Laul

Dermatology Venereology
#

You can try microdermabrasion, chemical peels, laser skin resurfacing, derma fillers, Botox injection. Anyone suitable for you. Also, sunscreen should be applied 20 minutes before going outdoors.

Differin cream thin layer it is a retinoid and can be used if you are ready to wait for good effects. It takes long to show effects for about three months. Also, the above procedures require sessions and sittings to show effect and have minor side effects like skin reddening, rash, irritation, and burning.

If you choose chemical peeling 20 percent lactic acid peel is a good choice. Dead skin cells will exfoliate and skin rejuvenation will occur. Also, the diet should be healthy and nutritious. Excercise and skin cleansing should be done. Take tablet Limcee (vitamin C) 500 mg for one month you can take.

| 

Kindly suggest a face wash, sunscreen lotion and overnight cream for oily skin.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old boy and my face is very oily during summer while in winters it is quite dry. In summers, a lot of oil pops out with white heads on my face. Even a short-term sun exposure tans my skin. I am also suffering from the problem of dark spots. Kindly suggest a face wash, su...  Read Full »

How can I get rid of post acne hyperpigmentation?

Query: Hello doctor,I need to get rid of the post acne hyperpigmentation that is a year old. I have had post-acne hyperpigmentation on my arm and back since I was 15 years old and have tried everything to fade and nothing works.  Read Full »

Please suggest effective anti-aging treatment.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 31 year old female. Height is 5'3" and weight 71 kg. I have normal skin. I have started developing fine lines on my face. Just recently I have developed a slight depression in the form of a line starting from under the inner side of the eye running down the cheek (photo attached)....  Read Full »