Q. Please suggest medicines for anxiety, depression, and anger, without any sexual side effects.

Dr. Bharat Udey
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 25, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 14, 2020

I am taking medicine for anxiety, depression, and anger from the last 8 to 10 years, but not continuously. Right now, I m taking Panazep 25, Bupron 150, and Dicorate 500 all at night. I had sexual problems from the past 40 days, so the doctor advised to take Sildenafil 50. Now I feel 50 % improvement in anxiety and depression. When I miss a single dose, I become very upset. I think Dicorate affects more. Please suggest proper medicine for anxiety, depression, and anger. Also, I would like to have sex once a week, please advise on this also.

#

• It seems that you are taking too many antidepressants, like Panazep 25 (Paroxetine) and Bupron 150 (Buproprion). Panazep has the side effect of reduced libido and erectile dysfunction when taken over a longer period. Hence, the same is happening with you.
  • Currently, there are many good medications available, which are more efficacious than Panazep and with least sexual dysfunction. Also, I did not get the reason why you were put on Dicorate 500 (Divalproex). Was it just for anger?
  • Depressive symptoms usually have irritable and aggressive behavior associated with them, which can improve with antidepressants as well. Hence, I would suggest you for go for a detailed assessment, so that your diagnosis can be reviewed and your medications can be rationalized.
  • Besides this, for sexual dysfunction, Tadalafil 10 mg is more effective with least side effects than Sildenafil 50 mg. It can be taken on SOS basis as well as the dose of 2.5 mg can be taken in a daily dosage. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines after their consent.

For more information consult a geriatrician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/geriatrician

|