Q. Which is a more potent anti-anxiety medicine?

Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Anti Anxiety Drugs or Ssri? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

Dear doctor,

I am taking SNRI/ SSRI for around 20 years. Five years ago, my general anxiety got worse. So, my doctor switched from Citalopram 10 mg to Escitalopram 10 mg (one per day). Citalopram was taken five years to 10 years ago, before that Zoloft 20 mg per day. Now my GAD is getting worse. A friend of mine had a good experience with Buspirone. Could you explain me the general difference between Escitalopram and Buspirone?