Q. Will having Fluoxetine with Venlafaxine lift depression?

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Will having 20 mg Fluoxetine added to my existing 375 mg of Venlafaxine help to lift my depression? I had recurring depression since 17 and have been on Venlafaxine for 12 years.

#

Venlafaxine is a very good anti-depressant. It has given you excellent results for 12 years but if the problem is increasing then there might be some issues like hormonal imbalance, psychosocial problems, substance abuse, etc. We need details on that. At times, addressing the issues will solve the problem. But if still persist instead of Fluoxetine I would like to add some other medicine. All psychiatrists may have different opinions. It may or may not help.

|