Q. How to treat itching present all over my body?

Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 22, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am a 22 year old male and weighing 64 kg. My main problem is I have itching all over my body, but there is no rash. Please help.

Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti

Community Medicine Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Preventive Medicine Venereology
#

Thank you for choosing this platform.

It is very difficult to treat patients with itching all over body. The duration of itching, your occupation, family history, etc., is not clear.

Observe for any aggravating or relieving factors, like diet, day or night, temperature, allergies or allergens, etc.

Use a gentle soap or any moisturizing soap.

Take antihistamine like Cetirizine in morning, Atarax (Hydroxyzine hydrochloride) 25 mg in evening for itching.

If any other members in family have travel history at present, then treatment for scabies infestation may be required.

Get treatment for any infection like dental caries or worm infestations in the body.

If it persists for long-time blood investigations may be required .

You can get back for any clarification with details to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|