Q. What are the signs of high-functioning sociopath?

Dr. Ruhi Satija

I am almost completely certain I am a high-functioning sociopath. I have had many people tell me this over the years, looked at dozens of websites and online tests that point towards it, and I have reflected on myself many times and come to the same conclusion. I took an IQ test a few years ago and scored in the 130 range, and since then I have had an extremely inflated ego, to the point of narcissism. I had a severely traumatic series of events in the 6th grade that either made me like this or possibly helped to push it to the surface. I can do nearly anything imaginable and feel no remorse for my actions, lie to anyone without batting an eye, and I also find myself convinced of outlandish things quite frequently. These things may include believing that I can beat anyone in a fight, regardless of size, just because I am who I am and no one will go to the lengths, I will to win. I have stolen hundreds of dollars from a friend before and felt nothing by excitement for my newly found money. I am not scared of what I (think) am, more so just curious.

I can provide more details and information if you would like, but I truly just want to know why I am like this. From what I have told you does it seem like I am a sociopath?

#

A very interesting portrayal of yourself, I must say. A sociopath might be a judgement, you definitely have signs of cluster B personality traits, anti-social personality disorder. Such people have these characteristics of apathy, higher sense of self, no remorse, etc. But I have to appreciate you because you do have a lot of insight.

I do not know what your goal is by sending this query but if you feel the need, I would suggest having a counseling session so you can understand your subconscious thoughts and be able to respond and not react to your situations. You are 19 now, there is a lot of potential in you if you act now and get a grip on your own mind, otherwise it can harm you and others in many ways. Impulse control, generating empathy, regard for others can be learnt and are necessary to have a good life.

|