Q. I am unable to focus and not willing to work due to depression. Please help.

Dr. Vandana Patidar
Published on Sep 29, 2018

When I wake up from my sleep, I feel empty. I am not willing to do my work. I neglect my study. I always stay alone in my room. I am feeling lonely. I got a breakup. After having a breakup, my depression got worse. I am crying every day for around seven months. I am unable to focus anymore, and I am unable to do my work. Please help.

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Psychotherapy Sleep Medicine
#

You are in a troubled situation. Having an empty feeling and negative thoughts occurring on an occasional basis are quite reasonable. It does happen to everyone. But having a low opinion, and feeling empty for so long, around seven months is not healthy. It indicates that you need help.

You are suffering from depression which needs to be addressed soon. Without proper treatment and care, it will get worsen further. Try to follow these steps. It can help you. Try to follow your daily routine work. Do not be alone. Try sitting with people. Do deep breathing exercise. You can try meditation and yoga. Eat a healthy nutritious diet and avoid taking junk foods. Try to have psychiatric counseling soon.

Does masturbation cause any bad effect to the health?

Query: Hi doctor, I masturbate two to three times a day. Does it have any bad effect? Help me to stop it. I want to gain weight. What can I do for it?  Read Full »

Depression - Awareness, Self-Diagnosis, and Treatment Modalities

Article Overview: Depression is among the top five causes of morbidity in today’s world. It remains largely undiagnosed and underreported because of a lack of adequate knowledge, both among the patients as well as the physicians. It is majorly characterized by the presence of a continuous sad mood, anhedonia, and easy fatiguability along with a host of secondary symptoms, which aid in quantifying the severity of the depressive disorder. So, it is the need of the hour that awareness is raised among the masses regarding this illness that is soon poised to be the number one cause of morbidity. Read Article

Dr. Ajay Singh

Depression has been recorded in the annals of history since time immemorial, but never has it assumed so much significance as it has in today’s world. With the advent of technology today, the human society is evolving by leaps and bounds with every passing day. As the saying goes that every co...  Read Article