Q. I am unable to focus and not willing to work due to depression. Please help.

Dr. Vandana Patidar

When I wake up from my sleep, I feel empty. I am not willing to do my work. I neglect my study. I always stay alone in my room. I am feeling lonely. I got a breakup. After having a breakup, my depression got worse. I am crying every day for around seven months. I am unable to focus anymore, and I am unable to do my work. Please help.

#

You are in a troubled situation. Having an empty feeling and negative thoughts occurring on an occasional basis are quite reasonable. It does happen to everyone. But having a low opinion, and feeling empty for so long, around seven months is not healthy. It indicates that you need help.

You are suffering from depression which needs to be addressed soon. Without proper treatment and care, it will get worsen further. Try to follow these steps. It can help you. Try to follow your daily routine work. Do not be alone. Try sitting with people. Do deep breathing exercise. You can try meditation and yoga. Eat a healthy nutritious diet and avoid taking junk foods. Try to have psychiatric counseling soon.

|