Common "Psychological Counselling" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Psychological Counselling

Psychological counseling helps people with emotional, physical, and mental health issues. It helps improve their sense of well-being, stop the feeling of distress, and resolve all crisis. They also help patients understand the cause and triggers of their mental problem.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

My husband is not interested in intimacy or a physical relationship. How can I address this situation?

Query: Hello doctor,We are a married couple; it is been two years since we started living together, but there is no intimacy or physical relationship. I am 29 years old, and my husband is 32 years old. I am not sure whether my husband is not interested or hesitant to start. Whenever I ask, he will say he i...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Andrews

Answer: Hello,Welcome to understand that this must be a difficult and uncomfortable situation for you. It is important to remember that there could be many reasons why your husband is not initiating intimacy, and it is crucial to approach the situation with understanding and respect. It may be...  Read Full »

What should be done if you feel like your partner does not care about you?

Query: Hi doctor,I am in a relationship and staying with him. I feel like he does not take care of me. If he ignores me, I get depressed and feel like he does not need me anymore. He respects my decisions but imposes things on me. If he does some work, he is not willing to tell me. Though I support him, he...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I like to say that there is nothing called a perfect partner. It is normal to have some differences with the most intimate partners and accepting them helps to move forward. You need to have some collaboration as well as independence in the relationship. As he respects ...  Read Full »

How to deal the relationship issues with my mother?

Query: Hello doctor, I love my family. However, there is a huge ideological difference between my mother and me. Our religious views are poles apart and I feel someone is smothering me with those ideologies because I tend to take full control of situations under me. (eg: vegetarian vs non-vegetarian, etc)...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Your dilemma is quite common. It is perfectly normal to have ideological differences with family members, but we can continue to be close to our family. You made a very important comment that "I cannot seem to express myself clearly." It is important to sit down wit...  Read Full »

How to judge a person wisely?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 21-year-old male and I feel I am usually a little under-confident in judging someone. Whether known or a stranger, objectively it is really difficult for me. Please give me some tips regarding this. I mean it to be as general as possible.   Read Full »

Dr. Saraswat Kumarshri Shriniwas

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Every person has numerous traits or habits. A person is sum total of his thoughts, words, and actions. When you think of judging a person, it is making a global judgment. If you really need to be objective, you need to judge a person's actions, habits, and thoughts ...  Read Full »

How do I convey to my parents that I am depressed?

Query: Hello doctor, Since as a kid, when I was mad or sad, I used to cry alone and hit myself, always thinking that I did not deserve this family till now. When I was mad, I cried, and my grades dropped. Being one of the lowest students, my parents thought I was playing around. I always cried whenever the...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I understand what you are going through right now. You are developing as a submissive and introverted child. With time, your personality develops, although a detailed assessment is required. As per your description, you have always taken the blame for something wrong ...  Read Full »

I am scared that my family might learn about my bad past. How do I overcome this fear?

Query: Hello doctor, I had done some bad things when I was 18 years old. Now, it is haunting me. I fear that all that will be leaked on the internet, and my husband and family will come to know about it. I want to delete it from my brain and not think about it anymore. How? Kindly help.   Read Full »

Dr. Ruhi Satija

Answer: Hello, Welcome back to I can understand what you are going through. When you are trying to forget something undesirable from the past, the first thing you need to do is vent it out. Either talk about it to someone you can trust, or you can write it on paper and then burn it, or maybe...  Read Full »

How can I stay calm and happy during exam preparation?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a student and I have been good at studies always. And I want to be a doctor but I somehow could not manage to get a seat in government medical college. I did not work hard enough. I am 21 now. My parents are very supportive and I am preparing for exam. But I am really scared of ever...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I understand your problem. It is actually very tough phase. But all you need to do is gather yourself back, tell yourself that you can and will be able to do it. Try this. Make a full-proof plan. Executive with full motivation. If you feel that there were some mistakes ...  Read Full »

I am going through anxiety as I failed in my exams. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, I think I am going through anxiety because I failed in my exams and I am scared to tell parents. I do not know what to do. It is mentally exhausting. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Failure in exam is quite common and always remember that it is only a temporary setback. Almost all successful people would have failed an exam at some point in their life. Do not put too much pressure on yourself by hiding it from your parents. It can be a difficult b...  Read Full »

How do I overcome difficulty in sleeping, appetite loss, and trust issues?

Query: Hello doctor, I have difficulty in sleeping and have also lost my appetite. I am afraid to socialize and just want to stay in my room all the time. I also thought of ending my life many times. It all started when my partner started to lie. Now, I have trust issues and fear that everyone will hurt m...  Read Full »

Dr. Ruhi Satija

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I understand your concern and would be happy to help. I cannot suggest much as you have not mentioned what exactly is going on in your life. However, you can meet a psychiatrist to get evaluated for depression. The doctor may start medications that can help you feel...  Read Full »

How can I reduce my depression?

Query: Hi doctor, When I wake up from my sleep, I feel empty. I am not willing to do my work. I neglect my study. I always stay alone in my room. I am feeling lonely. I got a breakup. After having a breakup, my depression got worse. I am crying every day for around seven months. I am unable to focus anymo...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to You are in a troubled situation. Having an empty feeling and negative thoughts occurring on an occasional basis are quite reasonable. It does happen to everyone. But having a low opinion, and feeling empty for so long, around seven months is not healthy. It indicates that...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.