I have recently been diagnosed with vegetative dystonia as well as an anxiety disorder which is making it really hard to fall asleep. I was prescribed Zopiclone which had completely no effect on my sleep, as well as now Zolpidem. I have experimented with Zolpidem these last two days, and it seems to not work as well. I am 18-years-old and, and my weight is 73 kilograms, and my height is 186 cm. Is there something wrong with me?
Welcome to icliniq.com.
I can understand your situation. You have an anxiety disorder. There is non-pharmacological management for it. You should try to follow the below guidelines to deal with it. It will help you.
1. You should do exercises daily for 30 to 45 minutes, like at least going for a walk.
2. You should do meditation for 20 minutes daily. Just sit at one place in a comfortable position and try to concentrate on your normal breathing, and do not stop or force yourself to stop your thoughts. Just let it be.
3. You should eat healthy home-cooked foods and avoid junk foods.
4. You must drink enough water.
5. You should spend quality time with friends and family daily or do video calls if you are living away from your family.
6. You should spend time on creative hobbies like reading good books, writing journals, painting, drawing, and learning new skills or language or musical instruments.
7. You should take enough seven to eight hours of sleep daily.
8. You need to fix your time for sleep, which means you must fix the time to sleep and awake.
9. You must not do any other activities in bed.
10. You must not just lie down on the bed without any reason. The bed is just meant for sleep.
11. Wear loose and comfortable clothes for sleep.
12. Take light food at night or for dinner at least three hours before sleep.
13. You can take a maximum of 20 minutes of nap a day.
14. Do not use a mobile or television, or laptop at least half an hour before sleep.
15. Try to maintain the adequate temperature of your room, which means not so cold, not so hot.
16. Have a proper bed and pillow.
17. Make sure there is no noise or disturbance at night.
18. You can drink warm milk with turmeric before sleep.
19. You must avoid tobacco or alcohol or any substance abuse.
20. Live your life, do not just spend it. Be bold and confident.
I suggest tablet Clonazepam 0.5 mg at night if Zolpidem is not working for you.
I hope that you get your answer. Please, let me know if you want some help.
Was this answer helpful?|
Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!
What Is Generalized Anxiety Disorder ... Generalized anxiety disorder is a ... Read fullOrofacial tuberculosis - Symptoms, Diagnosis and Treatment
.. face muscles are affected by a rare disorder called oromandibular dystonia. Please read below to know about the causes, diagnosis, and treatment .. ... Read fullIllness Anxiety Disorder (Hypochondriasis) - Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment
What Is Illness Anxiety Disorder ... Illness anxiety disorder (IAD), otherwise called health anxiety, is ... Read full
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask a Psychiatrist Now