Will medical cannabis help me overcome anxiety and depression?

Q. Can cannabis help me overcome anxiety and depression?

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 02, 2022 and last reviewed on: Sep 22, 2023

I am around 17 years old and have been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder (GAD), depression, panic disorder, and suicidal thoughts. I am taking Prozac and Trazodone. When I get depressed or anxious, my body completely shuts down. I would like to know if medical cannabis is right for me. Kindly help me.

#

I read your concern and understand your concern. You may have a mixed anxiety depressive disorder. There is non-pharmacological management for it, and I would suggest the following: Daily exercise for 30 to 40 minutes. Do meditation for 20 minutes daily. Healthy home-cooked foods, and avoid junk foods. Drink enough water. Spend quality time with friends and family daily, or do video calls if you live away from your family. Spend time on creative hobbies like reading good books, painting, drawing, and learning new skills, language, or musical instruments. Enough seven to eight hours of sleep daily. Avoid tobacco or alcohol or any substance abuse. Medical cannabis is used to resistant mental illness.

|