Cannabis

Will smoking weed cause laziness, dumb feel and brain fog?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a huge problem. In highschool, I smoked weed a couple of times when I was in 16-18 years of age. But now I feel lazier, dumber, my brain is constantly foggy. I am less human and less connected to the world. It feels like I am playing a video game through my eyes. I think it ha...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How long ago was the last time you smoked weed? Did you use any other street drugs? Sometimes using marijuana can cause depersonalization-derealization symptoms. You seem to experience something like that. It can happen to anyone. Smoking weed is one of the possible...  Read Full »

Can drug abuse cause memory blackouts?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a 23 year old son. He admits to current marijuana use once or twice a week. He admits to a variety of drugs including cocaine, meth, heroin, LSD in the past year. His ex-mother in law says he currently uses cocaine and meth. He denies current drug use beyond pot. He says he has ...  Read Full »

Dr. Devavrat Harihar Nene

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. What we are dealing with here is a transient global amnesia (TGA). During these episodes, there is a temporary memory loss of recent events with preserved social and cognitive skills. The person typically does not remember the events of the l...  Read Full »

I feel weird after smoking marijuana. Why?

Query: Hi doctor,I smoked marijuana the day before yesterday night. I was all right in the morning. When I went to college, I felt strange to my hands (especially left hand) and both the legs. But, in the noon it disappeared. When I smoked in the noon, that strange feeling came back to me again. From that ...  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms you have mentioned here are the short term side effects of marijuana. Short term memory problems, fear, panic, hallucinations, anxiety, strange behavior, increased heart rate and many other psychological symptoms are all symptoms of having marijuana. If yo...  Read Full »

Will drug test be positive with just inhaling marijuana smoked by someone?

Query: Hi doctor, When crossing a bar, I come across people smoking marijuana. Would a person test will be positive on hair or urine drug test in any situation? I am not a drug user.  Read Full »

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist, Naturopathy Specialist, Pharmacologist, Siddha Medicine Specialist, Toxicologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. While crossing a bar, when someone smokes marijuana (Cannabis) out, there is a possibility of inhalation through the nose. Chronic exposure occurs for people who work in the bar. Sufficient amount can enter into the lung and blood, which can be tested in hair or blood. ...  Read Full »

Will erection problem persist after discontinuation of antidepressant?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 23 years old and I am on Citalopram, Buspirone, and Valium. In the past few weeks, I have stopped taking Valium. I am taking only 2.5 mg to wean off and just today I discontinued the Citalopram as well after gradually cutting down from 40 mg to 10 over the last two weeks. I still ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If the erection problem is due to antidepressants, then it will become invariably normal once you stop the medications. In your case, the reason must be marijuana. I think it is better you stop that and also get your early morning serum testosterone assay done. For furthe...  Read Full »

Can weed smoking cause schizophrenia?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been dealing with anxiety since childhood. I am 22 years old now. I have been smoking weed for about six months and my quality of life drastically improved. Now, I could sleep at night. I went back to being myself happy. My confidence went up and my social anxiety virtually disappe...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns.¬†Before I answer your question I like to congratulate you for taking the necessary step of stopping cannabis. First of all I like to inform you that your current symptoms are related to the same spectrum of disorder or anxie...  Read Full »

I used Cannabis in my teenage. Am I at a risk of having cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, When I was in my late teens, I was engaged in a lot of high cancer risk activities. The one I have been most worried about was using Cannabis. The Cannabis itself does not worry me too much. Although, we occasionally had access to papers being teens and also not the smartest we inevita...  Read Full »

Dr. Rakesh Mittal

Child Health Specialist, Medical Oncologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Teens at that age indulge in many experimental things. I am not surprised at what you did. The question is whether your indulgence has put you at more risk of cancer? The answer is we do not now. With the available evidence we know smoking increases the chance of cancer. ...  Read Full »