Q. Will the medicines prescribed for anxiety affect my routine life?

Dr. Manjunadh M Nair
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 18, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jul 26, 2021

I am 29 years old. I had panic attacks and anxiety for the last 1.5 years. It does not happen daily, but twice in a week. My BP and BPM will be increased due to palpitations, and I sweat a lot. Hence, I visited a psychiatrist yesterday. The psychiatrist has suggested me to take D Veniz 50 mg and Etilaam pro 20 mg once at night after a meal for anxiety disorder. What may be the side effects of those tablets? As I am a professor, Will it affect my work in the day time?

#

• Those drugs are for panic disorder. They are approved for these indications. They are safe. It will not affect your classes.
  • If it causes any drowsiness (very unlikely), then you can consider reducing the night dose to half of the prescribed dosage. Please consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and alter the dosage with consent.
  • You may not have to continue Etizolam for long once the action of D Veniz (Desvenlafaxine) kicks in. It will not damage your health in the long term.

For further information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

My doctor has prescribed both the tablets for 20 days. He also said that I would get the effect of the tablets from 15th day and then, I will feel good. But, it is making me drowsy and thrust.

#

• Your night dosage has some sedative property. As I said before if you are feeling drowsy, then reduce the tablet to half. It will reduce the drowsiness.
  • It will take a couple of weeks for full action.

For further doubts consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

|