Q. How to get proper sleep with medicine during depression?

I began taking Valium 5 mg for the past 40 years for the depression. It gradually went up to Valium 10 mg taking three to five tablets every night. Later on, I took a psychiatric advice. The doctor told me to quit the tablet but I was not able to do it. Now, the present doctor says, it is impossible for you to quit Benzodiazepine medicine. He has advised me two tablets of Etilaam 0.5 mg every night. I am taking four tablets of Etilaam but still, I am not getting proper sleep due to depression.

#

Etizolam is a mild Benzodiazepine and the drug cannot help in sleep on considering the long-term use of Diazepam. To get sleep, you can think of taking Clonazepam for some time. Since you are on Etizolam 2 mg now, so in this state, an equivalent dose will be around 1 mg of Clonazepam. You can take 1 mg of Clonazepam for sleep for around six weeks and then reduce to 0.75 mg of Clonazepam for the next six weeks followed by 0.5 mg of Clonazepam for around 12 weeks and if needed, the dose can be reduced further to 0.25 mg of Clonazepam. Such slow dose reduction can help you in reducing the dose of Benzodiazepine.

For more information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

|