Q. I have a painless, small, white dot on my gums. What could it be?

Answered by Dr. Paras Angrish and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Aphthous Ulcer or Oral Ulcer? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: I have a painless, small, white dot on my gums.  What could it be?

I have a small white dot on my gums. It looks like a whitehead. I noticed it a couple of days ago. It is painless. It is just above my left canine. I do not know what it is. It is towards the top of the gum. I have attached the photo.

Can you suggest what it could be? I am scared of the dentist, so any option avoiding that would be nice.